Author Topic: Unable to read most of the info in this death cert  (Read 4644 times)

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to read most of the info in this death cert
« Reply #54 on: Friday 22 February 19 22:01 GMT (UK) »
 :)

A slight side track... ::)

Within v Without ... without can mean outside of ... as in someone is either within a particular family or not within that family (so outside of that particular family) OR it can mean Without as in NOT having any family.

But on a lighter side .... Present and Not Present .... years ago a long standing member of the committee of a family history group that I belonged to had made a speech to a group of politicans .
She reported back to us all  and shared that during formal questions she was asked by a senior cabinet minister of the NSW government (so in front of other cabinet ministers and senior public servants) why his own NSW birth cert has him as 'no present' because he still has 'THE PRESENT' his godparents gave him when he was born ... She told us all that she nearly laughed at said pollie but decided to answer thus 'I would need to know who was the informant' and then after the meeting she found the public servant minder and gave the full 'chapter n verse' answer ... i.e. the baby was not present at the NSW court house when the informant was there completing the birth registration process. 

My own NSW cert shows 'not present' when my Dad registered my birth. 

JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to read most of the info in this death cert
« Reply #55 on: Saturday 23 February 19 00:22 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for the laughs...I have difficulty reading sometimes, especially when there are a multitude of words. My eyes can drift right off the page.  I still can't tackle full books or a page busy with images. So am enjoying the little gift of being able to read a little more....Heh, heh... Probably should (& will) refrain from trying to decipher images on here, tho!  ;D ;D ;D
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com