Author Topic: Auto Clustering at MyHeritage  (Read 7170 times)

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Auto Clustering at MyHeritage
« on: Thursday 28 February 19 14:33 GMT (UK) »
MyHeritage has introduced a new Auto Clustering tool

"AutoClusters
An automatic tool that organizes your DNA Matches into clusters that likely descended from common ancestors.

AutoClustering organizes your MyHeritage DNA Matches into shared match clusters that likely descended from common ancestors. Each of the colored cells represents an intersection between two of your matches, meaning that both individuals match you and each other.
These cells are grouped together physically and by color to create a powerful visual chart of your shared match clusters. Each color represents one shared match cluster. Members of a cluster match you and most or all of the other cluster members."

It produces a report for you. Tells you which members it has excluded because they have too little information. It then groups your clusters which is helpful as it picks up ones you have missed and so acts as a prompt which members to follow if pursuing a particular line.

Yes this is very similar to the Auto clustering tool that was advertised on here last year except this is the company holding your results doing the clustering not some third party who then wants to charge you to access them. Previous thread on that linked below

https://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=804727.36
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Clustering at MyHeritage
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 February 19 15:07 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, David. It is now autoclustering for me and could take a few hours, so I'll be patient. 

It does look very like the Leeds method and what I'e been doing manually.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 28 February 19 15:21 GMT (UK) »
I've just noticed that they also have a 'Theory of Family Relativity' which seems to list matches that share surnames and places and gives a tree as in Ancestry's Thrulines.

Gadget

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Mart 'n' Al

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 28 February 19 15:31 GMT (UK) »
Auto clustering sounds like a posh name for a traffic jam.

Martin

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 28 February 19 15:32 GMT (UK) »
But less mobile.

It's taking it's time - not come through yet.

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 28 February 19 15:42 GMT (UK) »
Sounds fantastic, but I can't see how to access this. Is it on the first page? I can only see the Theory of Relativity that Gadget referred to. This looks very much like the matching that ancestry has just brought out, that is, looking at various trees to see if they can work out where you match with someone. The first three suggestions for me they got exactly right, the fourth one way off the mark.

But it has the potential to be a good new tool if used correctly, like the ancestry one.

The companies are certainly upping their game, I bet myheritageDNA wishes they'd brought it out a day earlier!

Regards Margaret

Modified
Found it. DNA results>Tools
Auto clustering started for me and my husband.
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 28 February 19 15:45 GMT (UK) »
Sounds fantastic, but I can't see how to access this. Is it on the first page?

Go to the DNA tab at the top of the page.
From the drop down menu select DNA Tools

It is then on the page that opens up

Good luck
James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 28 February 19 15:50 GMT (UK) »
Thanks David, Saw it and modified my message, then saw your reply.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 28 February 19 15:57 GMT (UK) »
Just seen this at the bottom of the auto clustering explanation page.

'The AutoClustering feature on MyHeritage was developed in collaboration with Evert-Jan Blom.'

Evert-Jan Blom was the chap who set up Genetic Affairs and who responded on the thread that David has linked to.

Regards Margaret