Author Topic: Robert Reid  (Read 398 times)

Offline Bunbury125

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Reid
« Reply #9 on: Friday 08 March 19 17:45 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Sorry for the delay. Technical hitches.
Hopefully you can read the attached file with Robert's parents names. The entry is a bit hard to read but It does look a bit like Ferguson. What do you think?
Many Thanks
B

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 09 March 19 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Looks like Ferguson to me.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Bunbury125

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 09 March 19 13:15 GMT (UK) »
Thank You.

Do you think the person who registered the death got it wrong or perhaps she was officially Mary but was know as Janet or it was in fact a different person.

Regards
B

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 10 March 19 11:43 GMT (UK) »
As I said informants on Death Certs sometimes got it wrong.
Whos was the informant on his Death Cert?

I have a Cert from NZ that has John Shaws Mother as Hannah Cooper. She was actually Hannah Neild.
His Fathers Occp was a Cooper!

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Bunbury125

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 10 March 19 13:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Yeah as you say only as good a the informant. In this case his son Walter registered the death but maybe he never knew his grandparents. Also I think Robert has a sister called Jean so maybe he got confused.
Thanks again
B