Author Topic: Michael Ryan - Tuam Born 1866  (Read 3207 times)

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Ryan - Tuam Born 1866
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 05 March 19 00:23 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if this is our man.
from the image:
Died November 28, 1931, Twin Falls Hospital, Twin Falls Idaho
name: Mike Ryan ( M.J. Holleran)
in Twin Falls for 23 years
prospector, miner
born March 1, 1867
place of birth unknown
parents information unknown
informant: Miss Maxwell, hospital superintendent

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:FLYK-D29

---------
I like the part about his being in Twin Falls since 1908, the year that Priscilla's last child was born and died. Also that he was apparently using an alias, M J Holleran

---------
this might be this man's burial
https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/19597635/michael-ryan

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 05 March 19 00:29 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if this is our man.

Not if this is his daughter:

Mary H Burland, born 13 May 1888, Tipperary, Ireland, died 23 June 1940, Rexburg, Idaho, daughter of Michael Holleran and Mary Ryan

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QVSD-LN5L

Offline oldohiohome

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 05 March 19 14:28 GMT (UK) »
I tried to tie in Michael Maloney and Matthew Ryan to Michael Ryan, husband of Priscilla Reynolds, but couldn't.

I couldn't find records for Michael Maloney or Matthew Ryan in Wyoming.

There are two results for a birth of Matthew Ryan, in Tuam Registration District, anytime after 1865. Neither of them are sons of Michael and Honora (Nolan) Ryan, the parents of the Michael Ryan we started out with.

There were 332 Moloneys in Galway in 1901. 188 Maloneys. 1037 Ryans. Probably a similar story on Griffith's Valuation. So it's hopeless to try to connect them that way.

--------
If you have found Michael Maloney's naturalization records, did they include his Declaration of Intention and Petition for Naturalization? Those two documents usually have more information about the person, often a city or locality of birth.

If so, then you could look there for Michael Maloney and see if you also turn up a Michael Ryan close enough in the area to know each other.

-----
One other thought for now. There is a way that Michael Ryan, born in 1866 in England according to his son Willie's birth and death record, could actually have been born in Ireland. Here it is: Michael leaves Priscilla for good while she is pregnant with Willie and is not present to provide his information on Willie's records. Priscilla never was really sure of where Michael was born and assumes he was born the same place she was, so she says "England" when asked. Or the person recording the information makes the same assumption.

And since that is the only record you have so far of his age, it is just as questionable.

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 05 March 19 15:41 GMT (UK) »
Did anyone in the family ever meet him at the time to pass information down or was he just named as father on Willie’s record.
Do you have the two daughters’ birth details?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk