Author Topic: Which Building is this please?  (Read 11102 times)

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
Re: Which Building is this please?
« Reply #126 on: Friday 29 May 20 21:33 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Hubby & I were watching German telly the other day and all of a sudden I started hopping up & down yelling "I know that building!". Hubby was a little perplexed, as I've never been to Flensburg...  ???

"It was on RootsChat!" as explanation didn't enlighten him any further, but I knew what I was on about.  :)

Yep, it was the Marineschule Mürwik, as identified in this thread!  ;D

I don't know if it is possible to access the NDR Mediathek from outside Germany, but here is the link:

https://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/sendungen/ostsee-report/Unterwegs-an-der-Flensburger-Foerde,sendung1029836.html

There is a brief shot of the college in the opening credits, then it is featured from around 15:45.

Best regards,
Karen

McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: Friday 29 May 20 22:07 BST (UK) »
Flensburg, some top Nazi's caught there at the end of the war.

Skoosh.

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: Friday 29 May 20 22:47 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Hubby & I were watching German telly the other day and all of a sudden I started hopping up & down yelling "I know that building!". Hubby was a little perplexed, as I've never been to Flensburg...  ???

"It was on RootsChat!" as explanation didn't enlighten him any further, but I knew what I was on about.  :)

Yep, it was the Marineschule Mürwik, as identified in this thread!  ;D

I don't know if it is possible to access the NDR Mediathek from outside Germany, but here is the link:

https://www.ndr.de/fernsehen/sendungen/ostsee-report/Unterwegs-an-der-Flensburger-Foerde,sendung1029836.html

There is a brief shot of the college in the opening credits, then it is featured from around 15:45.

Best regards,
Karen

Fancy you remembering seeing that a year ago  :o that's a great link Karen, thanks for sharing and taking the time to post it.

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

Offline Karen McDonald

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • ** THINK POSITIVE! **
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: Saturday 30 May 20 10:19 BST (UK) »
Fancy you remembering seeing that a year ago  :o that's a great link Karen, thanks for sharing and taking the time to post it.
Carol

It's strange what sticks in your head sometimes. Mind you, I did spend ages searching for possible solutions back then, so the thread embedded itself in my memory.

Just don't ask me what I did earlier today - I might not be able to remember!  ;D

Best regards,
Karen
McDonald MacDonald M'Donald McGregor MacGregor M'Gregor Twilley Wells Fentiman Carrington Rowe Needham Mitchell Mackie Collingwood Fuller Maides Shilton Hagon Budd