Author Topic: Margaret Stewart from Carricknamart, Raymoghy, Donegal  (Read 2393 times)

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Margaret Stewart from Carricknamart, Raymoghy, Donegal
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 10:44 GMT (UK) »

That sorts that!  ;D
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline apthorpea

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again I have Charles and Margaret Gourley's marriage certificate.  I was wondering about a connection though as the 4 children's names  of James Stewart are Charles, John, Sarah and Susan are also names of the children of Charles Stewart and Margaret Gourley.  They had 10 children that I have accounted for, who  survived infancy.  I think some of the children of Charles Stewart were born after the children of James Stewart.  As Sarah Stewart,  Charles and Margaret youngest child was born in 1872.   Charles and James father's names was Charles. Charles Stewart  was born abt 1785.   He applied to register for the freehold of his farm at Drumclamph in 1829. He received the lease in 1834, for one life or 21 years of 26 acres of land. In 1863 He leased 13 acres of land from the Marquis of Abercorn. He died in 1864 in Drumclamph, Ardstraw, having lived a long life of 83 years.  Charles death cert is recorded and also the selling of his farm at Drumclamph to a neighbour Mr Scott.  Charles is on the valuation records as Chas Sen and his son a farm next door Chas Junior.
On James Stewart's will in 1883 .
 Will of James Stewart late of Carricknamart County Donegal. Farmer deceased who died 3 Apr 1883 at same place was proved at Londonderry by John Stewart of Mondooey in said County Farmer one of the Executors.  I dont know who John is obviously not his son as his son John has gone missing according to his will.   Anyway all food for thought.  Thanks once again
Stewart, Reilly, Montgomery, Cheshire, Lyttle, Rankin, Apthorpe, Hart, Anderson,  Gourley

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 12:08 GMT (UK) »

aghadowey answered what I was wondering about!

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 12:15 GMT (UK) »

John Stewart of Mondooey is possibly son of Walter and Martha  Stewart of Mondooey

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 13:05 GMT (UK) »

November 7 1865

ROBERT TODD full age bachelor carpenter Fyfin. Father: JOHN TODD farmer

JANE STEWART full age spinster Drumclamph. Father: CHARLES STEWART farmer

Witnesses: WILLIAM TODD & GEO. BATES

https://cotyroneireland.com/churchrecord/ardstraw_marriage2.html

Offline apthorpea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 13 March 19 21:49 GMT (UK) »
I have Jane as Margaret and Charles eldest daughter,   her mother's name Margaret is on one of Jane's children's  birth certificates.   Jane's records show she was married in Ardstraw church same as James and Margaret.  The Stewarts were originally Presbyterian and then moved to Drumclamph C of I church abt 1900.  Maybe because it was on their doorstep. Maybe because their mother Margaret Stewart died in 1899.  Its good to revisit your trees.  Thanks

Stewart, Reilly, Montgomery, Cheshire, Lyttle, Rankin, Apthorpe, Hart, Anderson,  Gourley

Offline apthorpea

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 15 March 19 12:07 GMT (UK) »
I found from the burial records that Margaret Stewart of Drumclamph was buried at Ardstraw Presbyterian Church in 1899.    The family by 1901 are going to Drumclamph church.
Maggie Stewart was the daughter of John Stewart of Drumclamph whose name was on her Aunt's death certificate.  My grandmother's sister

I think I   found Susan Stewart daughter of James Stewart looks like James lived in Meaghy a townland next to Drumclamph, Tyrone, before moving to Carricknamart, Donegal. 

1869 On a death certificate of Samuel Deane aged 3 months, Margaret Stewart of Drumclamph is the informant on the certificate      Looks like the baby died at the home of Margaret and Charles Stewart at Drumclamph.  They had a daughter born that year they named Susan.   
I had a copy of the certificate from    http://www.rootsireland.ie/   but the cert is also on
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/details-civil/

1 Oct 1868  Simon’s birth certificate, mother’s name Susan Deane nee Stewart. No father’s name on certificate .   From  Meaghy, a townland next to Drumclamph
 https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/birth_returns/births_

14 Sep 1869 - marriage certificate of Susan Deane (widow) to David Hyndman, Presbyterian Church, fathers name James Stewart from Meaghey.  Robert Todd was a witness (Robert married Jane Stewart a daughter of Margaret’s)
www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:3Q9M-CSZK-D9D5-B?i=172&cc=2659409

1901 census Susan and David Hyndman with Susan’s son from her first marriage a James Deane and his family.  David Hyndman is James Stepfather.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Tyrone/Churchlands/Meaghy/1751540/

1911 census James Deane’s family I would imagine that Susan and David Hyndman are deceased
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Tyrone/Churchlands/Meaghy/848025

This is strange one no record of Robert Deane being born no first marriage certificate for Susan Stewart.  No idea who the father was although there was a family of Deane’s who lived at Meaghy so my assumption is that it was one them.   I am not sure how this helps me find out if James was indeed related to Charles Stewart.  The family were certainly close before James married their daughter Margaret.  Thanks for all your previous help.