Author Topic: Harold Atkin, RCAF of Leamington, Ontario  (Read 4382 times)

Online bbart

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Harold Atkin, RCAF of Leamington, Ontario
« Reply #36 on: Monday 15 July 19 06:29 BST (UK) »
Do let us know if you are successful!  Hopefully if BT doesn't have the answer, she can direct you to someone that may know.

And if not, we will resume digging!

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 15 July 19 06:56 BST (UK) »
Sandra, you have gone above and beyond. My thanks.

Bbart, thank you again.

I've written a letter to BT in Birmingham.

This really is a strange one. But it will be solved.

DTD

Pleased to help. Fingers crossed. Look forward to any up dates.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Debra Kiser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 26 August 19 13:33 BST (UK) »
The Harold Atkin/Atkins that you’re discussing here was my father. My mother is Patricia who lived on Crescentwood in East Detroit. My dad was in the RCAF and was in Buchenwald. My dad was married before he married my mom and he did live at another address on Crescentwood. He spelled his last name with an s. I was born in 1957. Harold passed on April 10, 1964 at the age of 47. My maiden name was Debra Atkins.

Offline Debra Kiser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Monday 26 August 19 13:55 BST (UK) »
Harold’s birthdate was October 4, 1916. I believe Clarence Atkin was his grandfather. I recently found out that his mother was one of Clarence’s 3 daughters and she had my dad out of wedlock. I was told he might have been raised by his grandparents. He died in Willoughby Ohio and is buried there also. My dad must have added the s to his last name or someone else did. I have his flight log from the RCAF and newspaper articles of when he was in Buchenwald. The only thing I’m finding odd is that my birth certificate shows that he was born in Douglas, Arizona.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 08 September 19 17:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Debra,

Welcome to RootsChat - Sorry for the delay. Just received your message.  The original poster was online on the 4 September, they should have been notified of your post, so hopefully they have replied to you by private message.
If not, you have made 2 posts and can therefore use the personal message system by clicking on the avatar of dare to discover  and contact them that way.

Best Regards
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada