Author Topic: Eliza Jane Lamont / Wilson  (Read 1593 times)

Offline bisjam

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Eliza Jane Lamont / Wilson
« on: Wednesday 20 March 19 11:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi am looking for any information Relating to Eliza Jane Wilson born on 27 may 1867 . Parents being William Lamont and a Marty Ann Luke ( known as Martha Ann sometimes)
She married a William Wilson and they moved to Bothwell Lanarkshire . I have them there on the 1899 and 1910 Scottish census .her mother is there with them in 1899.
They had 8 children I only have 7 recorded
William 189martha 1895
Samuel 1893
Eliza 1897
Robert 1899
Maggie 1900
And Thomas 1904

Her husband William John Wilson norm 1869 died in a railway accident and she has returned home . On the 1911 census she is living at home with just 2 of her children Robert and Thomas . At number 6 drumcon . Her children al appear to have been born away when she lived in Scotland .
I have found a William Wilson age and place of birth matching living in no 3 st George’s street Belfast . Possibly a work house in 1911
I haven’t been able to track any other children down and my older relatives still alive don’t remember anyone from that family. Any help appreciated

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Eliza Jane Lamont / Wilson
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 20 March 19 11:25 GMT (UK) »
Links to the information you've already found?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 20 March 19 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Gave up waiting for you to post links so had to search and found an Eliza Ann Wilson with sons Robert and Thomas Alexander (sons born Scotland but Eliza Ann born Mayboy, Co. Antrim-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/Killoquin__Upper/Drumcon/130277
They are living in the townland of Drumcon (6 is the enumerator's number for the household in that census but not their address).

I have found a William Wilson age and place of birth matching living in no 3 st George’s street Belfast . Possibly a work house in 1911

According to your post William was born 1895 which means in 1911 he should have been around 16 or 17 in that census. The William Wilson you found is age 19-
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Antrim/St__Anne_s_Ward/St__George_s_Street/133605
This form shows the address was a lodgng house (the Workhouse is number 6 and people in institutions should be shown with initial rather than complete names)- http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai001399666/

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 March 19 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Location of Drumcon townland- notice that Moboy townland marches it-
https://www.townlands.ie/antrim/kilconway/rasharkin/drumcon/
For searching civil records it is in Ballymoney Poor Law Union/Registration District.

Looks like Martha Ann Lamont died 1909- informant was daughter Jessie Moore of Drumcon-
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/deaths_returns/deaths_1909/05463/4528834.pdf
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Antrim/Killoquin_North/Drumcon/946637

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 March 19 12:43 GMT (UK) »
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

Offline bisjam

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 20 March 19 14:49 GMT (UK) »
William was born in 1892 . Might have been a typo . So that makes him 19 in 1911 so possibly could be him . Apologies for not getting links up but was in work . Thanks for putting them up .