Author Topic: Susan ROBERTSON born about 1832 Perthshire, parents Donald and Annie ROBERTSON  (Read 1752 times)

Offline atworthy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Susan ROBERTSON born about 1832 Perthshire, parents Donald and Annie ROBERTSON
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 04 April 19 00:29 BST (UK) »

a) Peter Robinson aged 22 years and single man from Redurdin, Perthshire.  Almost certain to be a Robertson from Redgorton in Perthshire.  1841 census for Redgorton (3/5) has a 15 year old Peter Robertson which would fit. No other Robertsons at (3/5) so not with family. (The 1841 census probably will only say 'born in Perthshire', which won't be much help)

b) Donald Robinson aged 28 years. Married man with wife Jane (24y) and daughter Nancy (1y) from Blairgowrie, Perthshire.  This will be another Robertson family.

Thank you very much Throth for your time. It's interesting you mention Peter Robinson from the Tasman above. I actually have his Australian family information and wondered if he was Catherine and Susan's brother, but his death certificate has Peter and Ann Robertson as his parents. Possible parents Peter Robertson and Ann Fisher??

The Peter Robertson born 1827 Redgorton married in 1859 Geelong, Annie Wright ANDERSON - the sister of James ANDERSON who married Catherine ROBERTSON. She was born 1829 Kinnoull, Perthshire (their parents were William ANDERSON and Margaret GUTHRIE). He died 1893 in Jerilderie, New South Wales.

Not sure of the Scottish naming patterns, but none of Peter, Catherine's or Susan's children were called Donald which would for me help confirm parentage. I'll follow up the Aussie side of the above Donald Robertson and see if I can find any further information.

Thank you again. I truly appreciate any help with this line. If I can be of any assistance to following up any Victorian lines for you, please just ask :)