Author Topic: Coolattin Estate tenant records free  (Read 1253 times)

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Marmalady

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Coolattin Estate tenant records free
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 28 March 19 23:16 GMT (UK) »
Ooh lovely

Sadly, my main connection with Coolattin was slightly earlier

My several times great Uncle William Wainwright was Lord Fitzwilliam's Agent at the end of the 1700's untill his death in 1813
He did leave an illegitimate son behind who I suspect had 3 sons, so I will have to see if I can find any info on the family
Wainwright - Yorkshire
Whitney - Herefordshire
Watson -  Northamptonshire
Trant - Yorkshire
Helps - all
Needham - Derbyshire
Waterhouse - Derbyshire
Northing - all

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
Re: Coolattin Estate tenant records free
« Reply #2 on: Friday 24 May 19 03:56 BST (UK) »
Well this answers what happened to the descendants of my Curran of Hillbrook ancestors - shipped off to the colonies in 1849. I already suspected that, based on general knowledge of the assisted emigration scheme, plus when they seem to disappear from the other records in Ireland. Still, good to know for sure!

Also, I may be able to make some progress on my Beahan line with this new info.! :)
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area