Author Topic: CASEY family - South Australia  (Read 9922 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Casey family - South Australia
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 09 September 07 18:48 BST (UK) »
Glad you found them on Ellis Island site. Did you look at both pages of the passenger manifest for each of them?
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline ann in derby

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 09 September 07 20:27 BST (UK) »
do you mean the second page as the bit with details of height, disabilities, residency etc.  Also do you have any ideas on how to trace details on when the two brothers left New York, 1 to go to Australia and 1 to England, would of been after 1911.  Would there be any records anywhere or any good sites i could go on.  Do you also know which site is the best to join for irish records, i am already a member of ancestry.co.uk, but i cannot seem to find anything there, should i join the worldwide section? thanks ann

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 09 September 07 20:49 BST (UK) »
Yes, that's the second page.
Mary's death certificate in U.S. might have details like names of parents, birthplace, etc. depending on how much information the informant knew at the time of her death. Each state keeps separate records and has different rules as to what's available and who is allowed to get the information and what they put online. If Mary married her marriage certificate might give such details.
Ancestry is great for U.S. records but not for Irish ones so I wouldn't bother.
Your earlier post mentioned Kenmare in Ireland but there are quite a few places called Kenmare so you will need the county. Might be best to post a message on whatever the county board is with links to this and you other Casey posting. That way people with local knowledge will be able to help and offer suggestions.
The Irish birth certificates for any of the children should list the names of both parents, father's occupation, birthplace (a townland not just an area which you will need to follow up other records). With parents' names you can get their marriage and continue back, hopefully.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jrichjann

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 24 March 09 07:26 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have just started researching our family tree and noticed your information.

I am the granddaughter of James Leonard Casey & Lilian May Speed m 1911 Adelaide SA.
They had 2 daughters Mary Jean Tottie Casey & Eileen Rose Casey before separating.
I have been looking for information on James Leonard but without result and wonder if you are able to shed any further info.   
Many thanks and hope you are still researching and viewing rootschat....jann

Offline clarkew

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: CASEY family - South Australia
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 29 September 12 11:31 BST (UK) »
I have a picture of Jeremiah Joseph Casey, in a group of soldiers, 1902.  Keen to locate current generation descendants.

Regards,

Clarke Whitehand

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to protect against spamming and other abuses. Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility. See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php