Author Topic: CASEY family - South Australia  (Read 9927 times)

Offline Robert Coble

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • crazy !!!! Crazy !!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Casey family - South Australia
« Reply #9 on: Monday 06 February 06 08:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi caseykid,

Mary Margaret CASEY
born 30 Aug 1883.
Father: James Casey.
Mother: Amalia Quinn.
Place: Smithfield Ade.
Book;309.
Page:181
James Leonard Casey
Born: 30 Mar 1886.
Father: James Daveron Casey.
Mother: Emily Croker Quinn.

Married: 2 Feb 1911
Wife: Lilian May Speed.
Father: Frank Charles Speed.
Jeremiah Joseph Casey can not find a Marriage in WA. at all to that lady.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Coble or Covell, Coule Australia, Canada, USA  @ England.
Barker Australia @ England
Walker Australia, England @ South America.
Bristol Australia @ England.
Nash Australia @ England.

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 06 February 06 17:44 GMT (UK) »
I hadn't noticed this one until Ticker highlighted it.

Hi Caseykid

I seem to have started a snowball rolling!  ;D  Glad you're getting some good information at last.

Best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline caseykid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 06 February 06 22:28 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your 'Snowball' Ticker! :)

Thanks too to OzyBob........I didn't know Emily Quinn's middle name. That's new info! ;)

Without people like all of you I wouldn't have 90% of the info I now have.

It is appreciated..........and exciting.

I can see why it's so addictive too.....finding another snippet of information which leads to something else! :D

Regards,
Lynne

Casey, Lynch, Quinn, Kain, Wiblin

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 07 February 06 03:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lynne,

Glad to help, Hope your Cousin enjoyed too. I love looking for local information. Its great going though all the dusty old originals documents. When I saw OzyBob’s post, I assumed I must had typed the information up wrongly. I had a hectic day yesterday, on the go all day. Seemed a bit strange my notes agreed with what I had typed as I do double check things when I'm at the Library. Anyway I wanted to go back today to get the burial plot for the Quinn’s so rechecked and what I wrote is exactly as it appears in the Index. Because the events did not occur in this area I can’t check what those certs actually do say.

I found the burial plot numbers for John and Mary Quinn and went to check, but, alas, it is in a section of the cemetery where not much remains and if there ever was a monument, there no longer is....Pity. Here’s hoping passenger lists will find them. The burial Plots are 2325 and 2326 anyway.

Now as to other Casey’s in the area. Three Couples.

James Casey, 17 Feb 1874 at Redruth. Dist Bur 132 68, Father Jeremiah Casey Teamster, Mother Mary Ann O'Brien (Informant Father)

Margaret Casey. 5 Mar 1884 at Terowie, Dist Bur 326 348, Father Patrick Casey Labourer of Terowie, Mother Bridget Hines (Informant Father)

Bridget Casey, 18 Oct 1885 at Terowie. Dist Bur 361 280. Father Patrick Casey Labourer of Terowie mother Bridget Hines (Informant Father)

Thomas Casey, 7 Mar 1896 at Oodlawirra, Dist Bur  579 296, Father Patrick Casey Railway Packer at Oodlawirra, mother Bridget Hynes (Informant Father)

;D Now I've saved the best for last...A connection between this family and the Quinn’s  ;D

Mary Josephine Casey, 18 Jul 1876 at Mt Bryan, Dist Bur 308 76, Father John Casey Labourer of Mt Bryan, Mother Mary Ann Casey formerly Casey....informant Mary Quinn (her mark) Friend, Wife of John Quinn of Kooringa

Margaret Ellen Casey,  2 Jul 1878 at Mt Bryan, Dist Bur 204 191, Father John Casey Overseer residing at Mt Bryan, mother Mary Ann Casey formerly Casey (Informant Father)

Jane Frances Casey, 14 Feb 1880 at Mt Bryan, Dist Bur 235 294, Father John Casey Manager at Mt Bryan Farm, mother Mary Ann Casey formerly Casey (Informant Father)

One other thing I did notice in Index was a couple of Earlier Births (Not in My Area) listed to Darby Casey and Mary Ann O'Brien (Just wondered when I saw the Darby if it might connect)

Bridget Casey 6 Jul 1859 Morphett Vale Dist Mo V 17 350
Mary Casey 3 Mar 1862 Kapunda Dist Kap 24 272

Cheers Kris  :D

I just Looked and he is on the IGI Jeremiah Darby Casey so same one who had one child here and by the look of IGI lots of others all over the place. I just happened to notice these listed to a Darby as I was looking for local ones, so noted them.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline caseykid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 07 February 06 07:36 GMT (UK) »
Woohoo!

Thanks Kris!

The link with John Quinn's wife and Mary Anne Casey is certainly interesting.

From the information we have just received re the possible other brothers of my G, Grandafther............one of them, John Casey, who lived in Burra married a Mary Casey. Casey also being her maiden name.
Her middle name was supposedly 'Elizabeth' not Ann?????? But they did have a daughter....Mary Josephine Cecilia Casey.......born Mt Bryan 1876! ;D ;D ;D

Leon, the G.G. Grandson of Jeremiah 'Darby' Casey knows that John Casey was definitely the brother of Jeremiah but was not sure if my G.Grandafther James Daveron Casey (who married Emily Quinn, daughter of John & Mary Quinn, Gardener of Kooringa) was indeed another brother. He did supply me details of both Jeremiah & John's children.......your information just confirms that. Names & dates are the same...........(where's the jumping up & down emoticon?)  :D :D

I think Kris.......you have just found such a good connection between the Quinn/Casey families that we can be fairly sure that my G.Grandfather was another brother!!!!!!!!!!!

I will e-mail your post to Leon and Clare...........

I just don't know how to thank you enough!

Regards,
Lynne

Casey, Lynch, Quinn, Kain, Wiblin

Offline ann in derby

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 07 September 07 21:39 BST (UK) »
I AM TOO AM TRYING TO TRACE THE CASEY FAMILY BUT FROM IRELAND - I KNOW THAT MY  GREAT GRANDFATHER LIVED IN KENMARE IN IRELAND AROUND 1880 ONWARDS - HE HAD FOUR CHILDREN I BELIEVE, JOHN, MARY, DENNIS (DENNYS) AND EUGENE - JOHN (MY GRANDFATHER  EMIGRATED TO ENGLAND HE WAS BORN IN 1896 IN IRELAND AND MOVED TO ENGLAND AROUND 1911, I THINK, HIS SISTER MARY EMIGRATED TO AMERICA AND ANOTHER BROTHER TO AUSTRALIA.  THE LAST BROTHER DENNIS (DENNYS) STAYED IN IRELAND.  DENNIS (DENNYS) HAD TWO SONS , EUGENE AND DENNIS THAT I KNOW OF  (WHO STILL LIVE IN KENMARE) AND ONE DAUGHTER MARY WHO CAME TO ENGLAND AND MARRIED A SOLDIER IN 1940S.  I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS ALL CONNNECTED TO YOUR "CASEY FAMILY" BUT I WOULD BE INTERESTING TO FIND OUT.  I HAVE TRIED TO TRACE HISTORY ON THE IRELAND CONNECTION BUT HAVE DRAWN A BLANK EACH TIME. THANKS ANN

Online aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 07 September 07 21:46 BST (UK) »
Ann- welcome to Rootschat.
You said sister Mary Casey went to America- any idea when? have you tried looking for her on www.ellisisland.org? if you do find a possible entry be sure and check both pages of the manifest for full details.
Brother to Australia- do you know his name and age? could he have fought in WWI? If so, check for military records on Australia National Archives site.
Do you know the parents' names? Any of the childrens birth certificates should list both father and mother and place of birth.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Online aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 07 September 07 23:07 BST (UK) »
A link to other Casey post to avoid dupilcation of effort (more details there):
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=post;topic=254588.0;num_replies=0
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline ann in derby

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 09 September 07 18:45 BST (UK) »
thanks for the tip on ellis island web page - have now found the sister marys, brother Eugene and my grandfather Johns emigration papers.  I am so thrilled that i have now moved off the first rung of the ladder.  The next thing i am going to do is get in touch with the mormon church records.  thanks so much ANN