Author Topic: Help asked for in finding records for James Warwick born around 1790 in the Chel  (Read 1227 times)

Online jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
James the Sawyer is in the Billericay Union Workhouse in 1861. Widower, age 83. Sawyer , born Essex Beadon.

Your James was a tailor who married Margaret Williams in St Martin in the Fields in 1835?
Is in several family trees on ancestry, a couple of which say that his mother was Margaret Knight. No real evidence is produced?
Those trees don't have 1841 - the Warwicks are in St George the Martyr Southwark (piece 1086 book 9 folio 23 page 38)

Offline jedidiah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Help asked for in finding records for James Warwick born around 1790 in the Chel
« Reply #10 on: Friday 05 April 19 19:37 BST (UK) »
Yeah as in 'my' James being the son of James the Sawyer (potentially 1861 as you say), who indeed married Margaret Williams.
Yes I haven't seen the evidence for Margaret his mother's maiden name being Knight - I assume someone maybe had suggested that whose tree is no longer on Ancestry, so I don't if they had evidence or not.
Most the Ancestry trees suggest James senior was born 1784, but I believe that is incorrect and mixing him up with another James Warwick who also married a margaret in the Stepney area.
I hadn't seen the 1841 census either, thanks for that!

Offline jedidiah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Help asked for in finding records for James Warwick born around 1790 in the Chel
« Reply #11 on: Friday 05 April 19 19:41 BST (UK) »
that census has his birth location as Surrey, but I assume that is just a mistake with where they were living :s

Offline suffolk*sue

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Catherine Sandys & Sarah Richardson,where are you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 05 April 19 19:43 BST (UK) »
There is a marriage in 1809 in Rotherhithe Surrey, between a James Warwick and Margaret Walkinshaw.
Census information is Crown Copyright  -  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jedidiah

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 05 April 19 19:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue .. My opinion is that that is another person (the one Ancestry users have confused him with) as there are a series of baptims over the decade in the Stepney area starting with a James in 1811 which coincide with where my ones were having their children deeper in Essex.
That one i think buried 1866 Tower Hamlets.