Author Topic: re William Hanlon  (Read 1570 times)

Offline margemac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: re William Hanlon
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 April 19 12:32 BST (UK) »
I tried to search through wills etc but no luck as i dont know if he married or where he lived so not an easy task

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 April 19 12:44 BST (UK) »
I meant Wills etc. for his mother, stepfather, etc.

Depending on when he died there may not be online records. For example, GRONI's database only shows death older than 50 years & marriages older than 75 years.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline margemac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 07 April 19 12:49 BST (UK) »
I know he was not in his mothers will or stepfathers and yes he is more than likely dead by now so no access to find out if he left a will

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 07 April 19 12:53 BST (UK) »
Is this William Hamilton & wife Catherine Hanlon? 1903 marriage gave him as labourer but in 1911 a baker. Note birthplaces of the two daughters (Scotland and Manchester)- could William Hanlon be the 3rd living child?
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Donegal/Dunglow/Dunglow_Town__Main_Street/901383/
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline margemac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 07 April 19 13:30 BST (UK) »
yes that is them, Catherine was his mother who married William Hamilton in 1903. She had William in 1899 before they met. I got a birth cert for William and had father unlisted so he was named William Hanlon. I found a church minister that gave me a copy of the baptism certificate and father is named on it as a William Mc Farlane, no known address, another mystery. My father was about 28 when he last seen William which would have been about 1940, he would visit regularly and would write and send money to his mother. They argued that visit and they never seen or heard of him again. Over the years the family made several attempts to trace him but no luck.I promised my Dad and his brothers and sisters i would keep searching which is why i am on here.