Author Topic: Eldridge family from Windsor  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Alistair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Eldridge family from Windsor
« on: Tuesday 03 August 04 02:30 BST (UK) »
My grandmother , Charlotte Ann Eldridge,  married  Robert McCormick in Windsor in 1886, her father,Alfred Eldridge, was dead and her mother Sarah Ann Eldridge,nee Webb, died in 1886. Her brother George Thomas Eldridge also lived in Windsor and was a Witness at Charlotte-Ann's marriage. I believe the family originally came from Canterbury and may have lived in Midhurst befor moving to Windsor. Any help with this would be appreciated,
                  Regards
                    Alistair McCormick

Offline Adi1962

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Eldridge family from Windsor
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 03 August 04 21:29 BST (UK) »
Hi,

There are quite a few Eldridges in Kent.

Do you have any dates for when they are likely to have been in Kent ??

If Alfred and Sarah lived in Kent, then might be able to trace them, do you know how old Charlotte was when she married. This will give me a clue as to dates for Alfred and Sarah.

Adrian
Currently researching
GODDEN, MARSH, WATERS & HUGHES Mid Kent
BUSHROD Mid Kent/Dorset,
FURMINGER Aylesford/Maidstone/Sittingbourne - Kent

visit http://www.Kent-opc.org

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Alistair

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Eldridge family from Windsor
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 04 August 04 12:55 BST (UK) »

ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
REPORT THIS POST AS SPAM (Use 'Report to Moderator'). DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS IN THIS POST. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS PERSON.
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
][/color]
ErrorSPAM
][/color]
Hi Adrian,
              Thanks for your quick reply. Alfred Eldridge married Sarah Ann Webb in Canterbury in 1861, he was born about 1832 and she about 1835, Alfred Junior was born in Canterbury in 1861/2 and George Thomas  about 1862. My Grandmother Charlotte Ann Eldridge appears to have been born in Midhurst in 1864, where Alfred Senior died in 1881. Alfred Junior appears to have married in Canterbury and had daughter Lily who later lived with my grandmother and family.Sarah Ann Died in Windsor in 1886.
For Eldridge hunters George Thomas had son Albert born in 1896, Albert was part of the crew of the Airship R100 on its crossing to Montreal in 1930
                    Thanks & Regards
                             Alistair McCormick