Author Topic: Gertrude Thelma Hopewell  (Read 4248 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: Gertrude Thelma Hopewell
« Reply #36 on: Monday 15 April 19 15:11 BST (UK) »

Pleased you got an acknowldgement from the cemetery even if it means waiting a while longer.
Fingers crossed.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline theolddear

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 28 January 21 15:32 GMT (UK) »
HI, its nearly a year since we communicated, but thought you would like to know that I have had a reply from the cemetery. William was buried there on July 7th 1941 and I think Annie is buried with him. Her death was Oct. 17th 1961.  I was so pleased to get a reply after all this time. I think the first email I sent got forgotten!!
I can find no further info. on Gertrude other than she married Eric Field. He died in 1944. I am unable to find another marriage for her and neither can I find a death although she appears to be on the electoral register for district of York East in 1968.

Online RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Monday 01 February 21 18:05 GMT (UK) »
Glad the cemetery was able to answer your question. :)

I looked for an obit for Annie, using the date of death provided by the cemetery.  Unfortunately, there don't seem to be any editions of the Toronto Star available between Oct 15 and Oct 31 of that year.   :'(.  I have no idea why!

RK

Offline theolddear

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Thursday 25 February 21 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello again.  Thought you might be interested to know that I have once again been in touch with St Johns cemetery.  They have informed me that Stanley E Field died in November !944.  Buried with him is Mrs Thelma Field (Murdock) who died aged 58 yrs on Dec. 16th 1970.  There was a headstone which read'In Loving Memory of Stanley Field 1907-1944.  Beloved Husband of Thelma Hopewell  At Rest.'

The only thing I think I have to do now is to look for a marriage between Thelma and somebody with the surname Murdock!

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Thursday 25 February 21 11:53 GMT (UK) »
Pleased you found her.

Canada, Voters Lists, 1953- St Johns Road Toronto - Mrs Thelma  Murdock (as transcribed) James Murdock  (gardener) - High Park Toronto.

but one with a different husband ?

Canada Voters Lists 1957 - Lakeshore Avenue, Toronto - Malcolm Murdock (salesman) and Thelma Murdock

Not much help
Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada