Author Topic: James White  (Read 2204 times)

Offline Gloria Newton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James White
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 27 February 24 10:01 GMT (UK) »
Dear Jonw65,

All this information is so amazing. Thank you so very much. Interestingly I did find this James White on the convict list into NSW just yesterday but there wasn't the detail that you have provided. I really do think this is our James. Throughout my search for Frances' origins and how she and Charlotte arrived in Australia I had in the back of my mind that there was a connection to transportation. In a book on the Standley's there is an entry of when she was admitted to the destitute asylum a year before she passed. In that it states she arrived in Australia on the "Royal Admiral". Now that was mainly a convict ship. I could not find her on any manifests. Also the dates of the journey's to Australia didn't match with the earlier research I uncovered. I wonder if his wife died??

The interesting piece you have uncovered is the mention of Chichester. In the admissions account information Frances states she is from Chichester, Sussex. If she was a small child when she arrived in Australia then perhaps that was all she knew?? I can't tell you how excited I am with this news. Thank you so much. Now to try and discover what happened to him, Sarah his wife and the girls in Australia.
Kindest regards and again my sincere thanks
Karen
hello Karen, I am the great granddaughter of Charlotte White, who married William Wright at Gawler Adelaide in 1849. I too would like to know what happened to Sarah, as the girls Fanny and Charlotte were orphans when they came to Australia. Like others I have searched the Royal Admiral shipping lists to no avail. I am currently writing the Wright family history. Im anticipation for your reply.

Offline Gloria Newton

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 29 February 24 00:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Karen, I am the great granddaughter of Charlotte White, sister of Fanny White (Parker) Standley. Charlotte M. William Wright 1849 at Gawler S.A. They moved to Vitoria about 1853-4. Would love to hear from you. Regards Gloria

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 01 March 24 02:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gloria,

I am not related to your family but would like to note that Karen has not been online in the forum for 3 or 4 years.
There  will be a notification generated to her email from Rootschat advising of your response, so here's hoping. ;D

Meantime, if you think that anyone in the team here can help with the information you are looking for, I'm sure we would be happy to see what we can do. Let us know.

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk