Author Topic: Problems with Ancestry DNA pages?  (Read 9210 times)

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Ancestry DNA pages?
« Reply #45 on: Sunday 28 April 19 13:55 BST (UK) »
They have completely given up on responding to posts on their facebook page, they must be inundated with complaints.  Every Easter it seems to get worse.

Why? what happens at Easter?  ???

I've tried again today but its still as bad as it was: I can't access trees of people on my list of matches, nor can I access their profiles to try and find out if a new 4-6 match of my brother's is possibly a lower match for me.

I feel sorry for people who only have the weekend to work on their DNA matches - at least I can try again tomorrow. In the meantime, I may as well go feed the ducks.... 8)
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Sunday 28 April 19 14:05 BST (UK) »

Ancestry was free to view over Easter, - perhaps it got overloaded?

Romilly. (Still not working properly for me:-(
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Sunday 28 April 19 14:09 BST (UK) »
I've managed to get the profiles to work on Firefox on my Mac and on both Chrome and Firefox  on  Win7.  Very odd -  ???

In the meantime, I'm sorting through some Joneses  :-X
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Sunday 28 April 19 14:17 BST (UK) »
I've managed to get the profiles to work on Firefox on my Mac and on both Chrome and Firefox  on  Win7.  Very odd -  ???

Yes, - better on Firefox for me too.

Jones... A nice change from Wilson's!

Romilly  ;D ;D
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Researching:
Wilson, Warren, Dulston, Hooper, Duffin, Petty, Rees, Davies, Williams, Newman, Dyer, Hamilton, Edmeads, Pattenden.

Offline diplodicus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Remember, no great adventure started with salad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 28 April 19 14:48 BST (UK) »
Uh oh Romilly, expect a visit from the apostrophe police!!
Thomas, Davies, Jones, Walters, Daniel in Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. That should narrow it down a bit!
Vincent: Fressingfield, Suffolk, Stockton & Sunderland.
Murtha/Murtaugh: Dundalk & Sunderland
Ingram: Cairnie by Huntly, Scotland then Abergavenny, Monmouthshire.
Bardouleau: London - in memory of my stepmother Annie Rose née Bardouleau who put up with a lot from me.
gedmatch.com A006809
Kit uploaded to familytreedna.com B171041
Y-DNA R-M269 & mtDNA U5b1f

Offline Romilly

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Sunday 28 April 19 14:56 BST (UK) »
Uh oh Romilly, expect a visit from the apostrophe police!!

Yes, but they're mine!

And I was one :-)

Romilly ;D
Researching:

Offline melba_schmelba

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Sunday 28 April 19 15:42 BST (UK) »

It seems to be a cookie or browser issue, tried on another browser and they appear . ???.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Sunday 28 April 19 16:40 BST (UK) »

It seems to be a cookie or browser issue, tried on another browser and they appear . ???.

No - see my previous posts re clearing cache and cookies.

It seems  more to do with which op system I'm using. I've tried Firefox, Chrome and Safari on 3 different machines - Mac (current version), Win10 and Win 7. Clearing cookies and cache each time. Mac and Win 7 are OK. It works initially on Win 10 but not afterwards. I can't go clearing cache and cookies each time I go in and out in a session - that would be tedious.

It's only the profiles and nothing else that is odd, so .....I'll leave it as is and chase my Joneses!.  It started when they introduced the latest Beta version of profiles.

::)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline jillruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Poppy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Sunday 28 April 19 17:25 BST (UK) »
I agree - think its just a case of sit back and wait for them to sort themselves out. I just hope they hurry up about it or I shall be asking for a rebate!

I have Joneses, Gadget, but then there probably aren't that many of us who don't. Mine are from Great Marlow in Bucks - well, you never know!!
HELP!!!

BATHSHEBA BOOTHROYD bn c. 1802 W. Yorks.

Baptism nowhere to be found. Possibly in a nonconformist church near ALMONDBURY or HUDDERSFIELD.