Author Topic: Problems with Ancestry DNA pages?  (Read 9208 times)

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Problems with Ancestry DNA pages?
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 25 April 19 00:07 BST (UK) »
Same problem with me.

Glad it isn't only me.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.go

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 25 April 19 00:08 BST (UK) »
And they've changed the individual match page layout  :(
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 25 April 19 00:18 BST (UK) »
Gadget. This is a very recent change, not there yesterday evening when I last looked, now it's  there.

Will take a bit of getting used to, but I did suggest to them at one stage that the ability to write notes, assign coloured groups etc, would be better in one place, rather than having to go here there and everywhere to do so. Other people must have suggested it as well.

Regards Margaret
STEER, mainly Surrey, Kent; PINNOCKS/HAINES, Gosport, Hants; BARKER, mainly Broadwater, Sussex; Gosport, Hampshire; LAVERSUCH, Micheldever, Hampshire; WESTALL, London, Reading, Berks; HYDE, Croydon, Surrey; BRIGDEN, Hadlow, Kent and London; TUTHILL/STEPHENS, London
WILKINSON, Leeds, Yorkshire and Liverpool; WILLIAMSON, Liverpool; BEARE, Yeovil, Somerset; ALLEN, Kent and London; GORST, Liverpool; HOYLE, mainly Leeds, Yorkshire

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 25 April 19 00:23 BST (UK) »
It's only been there from this evening, Margaret. I tried both browsers to check if something had gone wrong.

Also, if you click on a match and get the list of shared matches, it seems to stick on the details/tree of the original match - which defeats the object of what they have in common.

Me no like at all.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Penholder

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Archie & Ruby
    • View Profile
Something wrong with Ancestry?
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 25 April 19 00:24 BST (UK) »
I can no longer get from any of my matches to see if they also match with the other two trees I manage.

Also, if I try to click on the name of any match I get a page coming up saying Secure Connection Failed.

The rest of ancestry seems to be fine and I have no problems with any other internet site.

Helpful suggestions all welcome - please!

Hakes - Piddington, Northants; Bucks
Hillyard, Lebatt & Bodsworth - Piddington, Northants
Bonner - Warwickshire & Leicestershire
Caughlin - Clonmore Co. Wicklow/Carlow
Muzzell - Sussex
Jones - Rushbury, Shropshire; Nuneaton & Birmingham, Warwickshire; Piddington & Northampton, Northants
Penhorwood - Devon
Shutt - Devon & Kent
Oliver, Davies & James - Pembrokeshire
Green, Enser, Oldham, Bramman, Billings & Watmough - Nottinghamshire

Offline sugarfizzle

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 25 April 19 00:28 BST (UK) »
It's only been there from this evening, Margaret. I tried both browsers to check if something had gone wrong.

Also, if you click on a match and get the list of shared matches, it seems to stick on the details/tree of the original match - which defeats the object of what they have in common.

Me no like at all.

Gadget

Not quite sure what you mean about shared matches.

My shared matches are the same with my first cousin as they always were. But I also now have the additional opportunity to filter matches.

My first impressions are not particularly favourable either, but we might have to get used to them.

Regards Margaret

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 25 April 19 01:02 BST (UK) »
If you get up your shared matches with your cousin and then click on one of those, you don't get their profile/tree. etc information up. It sticks on your cousin's info now.

Well, it does with mine  :(

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Something wrong with Ancestry?
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 25 April 19 01:04 BST (UK) »
Hi

It's just happened last evening:

Threads merged.

and around.

Gadget

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 25 April 19 01:25 BST (UK) »
It's now working as before!