Author Topic: England & Wales christening 1530-1906  (Read 3064 times)

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: England & Wales christening 1530-1906
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 09 May 19 15:17 BST (UK) »
Hi,

As I said I'll check at the archives tomorrow, if it is not there then it didn't happen and won't be on ancestry.

Larkspur, Ancestry has been trying  that trick every time I'm on the site where its free in the Archives too it's every annoying.

NG
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline maggie.mae

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 09 May 19 16:13 BST (UK) »
Many thanks to you all for the help. If she isn't found then I'll just take what I've got.
That's Family research for you.
Take care
Maggie

Offline larkspur

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Tracing myself back to better people.Or maybe not!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 10 May 19 13:29 BST (UK) »
Hi,

As I said I'll check at the archives tomorrow, if it is not there then it didn't happen and won't be on ancestry.

Larkspur, Ancestry has been trying  that trick every time I'm on the site where its free in the Archives too it's every annoying.

NG

Thank you for that. I thought it was just me...annoying it keeps bumping me off .
AREA, Nottinghamshire. Lincolnshire. Staffordshire. Leicestershire, Morayshire.
Paternal Line--An(t)(c)liff(e).Faulkner. Mayfield. Cant. Davison. Caunt. Trigg. Rawding. Buttery. Rayworth. Pepper. Otter. Whitworth. Gray. Calder. Laing.Wink. Wright. Jackson. Taylor.
Maternal Line--Linsey. Spicer. Corns. Judson. Greensmith. Steel. Woodford. Ellis. Wyan. Callis. Warriner. Rawlin. Merrin. Vale. Summerfield. Cartwright.
Husbands-Beckett. Heald. Pilkington. Arnold. Hall. Willows. Dring. Newcomb. Hawley

Offline nottsgirl1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 10 May 19 17:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Maggie,

Went into the archives today, no christening for Elizabeth Granger at St Mary's at all. Had a look at the marriage to William Tuckwood for clues but that was no help just said both Elizabeth and William was of parish (St Mary's) doesn't say if she was a spinster or a widow, marriage was by Banns and witnesses were Henry Daycock and James Smith.
Went onto the burial record but that was so faded I couldn't make out anything so was able to order the actual book up but that was also to faded so her age could have been 30 but that is too young or 40 which would have made her a minor when she got married or 50 which would have her born 1775.

So sorry no help to you really :(

NG
Branfoot of Leeds; Nall of Nottingham; Wallis of Stapleford Nottinghamshire; Challand of  East Bridgford Notinghamshire: Hall of Fransfield Nottinghamshire;
Morral of Stanton By Dale, Derbyshire;

Offline maggie.mae

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Friday 10 May 19 17:53 BST (UK) »
Never mind, many thanks for trying. Going over some old Rootschat papers I found you had helped me with loads of things for my Tuckwood line, but you can't win them all.
She has to be somewhere as I wrote her fathers name down, William. That data base is somewhere....I just have to find it.
Many thanks everyone, good hunting.
Maggie

Offline dave-the-rave

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 10 May 19 18:17 BST (UK) »
hi maggie again i know its no help to you but i help my nephews wife her surname was Granger
there was a lot in middlesbrough ,travelers,so your elizabeth could be from some were else or was married before to a granger so just keep diging and you will find her i will try for you kind regards dave
willmore,clark,hedley