Author Topic: My Dromore ancestors - Morrison, Lindsay, Murphy, Jones and McClatchey.  (Read 10162 times)

Offline heather351

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: My Dromore ancestors - Morrison, Lindsay, Murphy, Jones and McClatchey.
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 24 January 12 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kath

I am the direct decendant of the Jane Jones/William Lindsay tree. Their son William Robert b.1887 (my Grandfather) married Edith Etheline Montgomery in 1912. They moved to Belfast and had 6 children. Alexander b. 1920 was my father. I came across fotos you posted on another site and I was absolutely thrilled, I have been searching down in Dromore for 12 yrs now and had given up hope of ever finding anyone remotely related never mind any fotos. I have found the exact location on the home and land of the Lindsays on Mile Bush road Ballymacormick but have not approached anybody in that location as of yet. I knew of Hugh Morrison but wasnt sure whether Margt Lindsay was definately my grandfather's sister. Could you please tell me more about their marriage e.g who his father and mother was etc. I am als interested on any info regarding francis Jones and his wife, marriage etc. Unfortunately I have no foto of my grandfather william Robert lindsay and neither has anybody else cos he died before any grandchildren were born so no one knows much else. I have other info like birth/death certs for him. I'm very interested in George lindsay as I guess he was left in the family home after 1912 with his aunt Agnes Jones while my grandfather set off to live in Belfast. If you are a member of GenesReunited you will find all details of the Lindsay ancestry and fotos too that I have put up. Hope to hear from you soon. Heather Lindsay

Offline Michaelcampbell1964

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 01 June 20 13:07 BST (UK) »
Hi there
I’m now confident that I’m a direct descendant of Anthony Morrison and Agnes Pedlar married 1814 in Hillsborough. Anthony died 1874 reputedly 84 years old suggesting he was born in 1790. They were from Edenticullo or Edencullo and appear in the 1864 Griffiths Valuation assuming there weren’t multiple Anthony Morrisons.
Their son John married Mary Ann Briggs at Magheralin Church in 1859 and had eight children, two of whom, James Andrew and Mary married two Mercer siblings, Eliza and John. Morrison and Mercer are very common surnames in the area harking back to the 1750s at least.
While John and Mary Ann Briggs has their children in Belfast James and Eliza lived in Culcavey.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 01 June 20 17:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Michael,

You have a spelling mistake in your text.

Their son John married Mary Ann Briggs at Magheralin Church in 1859 and had eight children........

They married at Magheragall parish church.
https://civilrecords.irishgenealogy.ie/churchrecords/images/marriage_returns/marriages_1859/09572/5471030.pdf

Mary was living in Knocknadonagh (sic), Magheragall CP.
https://www.townlands.ie/antrim/massereene-upper/magheragall/knocknadona/

KG

Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 01 June 20 17:56 BST (UK) »
Apologies, I meant Magheragall and wrote Magheralin.

Offline Kiltaglassan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Seven Sisters mountain range in Co Donegal
    • View Profile
Researching: Cuthbertson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Australia; Hunter – Co. Derry; Jackson – Co. Derry, Scotland & Canada; Scott – Co. Derry; Neilly – Co. Antrim & USA; McCurdy – Co. Antrim; Nixon – Co. Cavan, Co. Donegal, Canada & USA; Ryan & Noble – Co. Sligo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 02 June 20 13:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks, I’ve got all that, I was hoping someone else who is a direct descendant might have done a DNA test particularly the original poster