Author Topic: William Vivian Richards born in 1941, in the Truro area  (Read 903 times)

Offline JL45

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
William Vivian Richards born in 1941, in the Truro area
« on: Monday 20 May 19 16:28 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find any of William's relatives.  His name and date of birth is recorded in a family Bible, now owned by a friend.  The Bible entries start with William Henry Richards, born in 1830, and list William John Richards, born 1852, Harry Richards, born 1884, and William Henry Richards born 1911.

William Vivian's parents were William Henry and Ruth Lorraine Northey.  I can find no record of siblings or a marriage or death record.

It would be good to see the family Bible restored to a family member.
Lindop, Pierce, Peirce, Williams, Whiting, Pyne, Odell

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
Re: William Vivian Richards born in 1941, in the Truro area
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 23 May 19 00:00 BST (UK) »
The marriage of William H and Ruth L was in 1939. However, the mother's surname in the GRO index for William V's birth is "Nathey". FreeBMD shows one other entry for that surname, a marriage in 1866. I suspect a mistranscription into the GRO index.

No wait. This is sensitive info so I will not post it. I will send you a PM.

I would add a "postem" to the birth record at FreeBMD, with an email address where a family member who saw it could reach you.
HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?

Offline JL45

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 May 19 16:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks, again, for this.  I'll add a postem to the FreeBMD entry as you suggest.
Lindop, Pierce, Peirce, Williams, Whiting, Pyne, Odell

Offline JaneyCanuck

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The Famous Five take tea on Parliament Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 24 May 19 13:17 BST (UK) »
You're very welcome, and I should have said: add postems to all the others I sent along, too, in case the people in question go hunting for themselves. :)

Good luck with the quest.
HILL, HOARE, BOND, SIBLY, Cornwall (Devon); DENNIS, PAGE, WHITBREAD, Essex; BARNARD, CASTLE, PONTON, Wiltshire; SANKEY, HORNE, YOUNG, Kent; COWDELL, Bermondsey; COOPER, SMITH, FALLOWELL, WILLEY, Notts; CAMPION, CARTER, CRADDOCK, KENNY, Northants; LITTLER, CORNER, Leicestershire; RUSHLAND, Lincolnshire; MORRISON, Ireland; COLLINS, ?; ... MONCK?