Author Topic: Cannot read a name, record attatched..  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cannot read a name, record attatched..
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 21 May 19 08:42 BST (UK) »
I made a mistake - it's  Brigidam - I typed the 'id' twice
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Flattybasher9

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Manners cost nothing, and are worth the effort.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 21 May 19 09:36 BST (UK) »
Streached

Malky

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 21 May 19 09:40 BST (UK) »
Another one for Leavy.

Offline MMCADEN

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 21 May 19 17:03 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for the thorough and accurate reading.

I too thought the second entry 'Brigid....' but changed my mind due to the squiggly writing. I then assumed, wrongly it appears, that the author had a few too many at the celebrations, and guessed 'Mary' from the mother's name.

So twins it is. Too, well spotted the sponsors rotation for the second child.

All are correct on the name 'Leavy', as after scouring Griffith sources I find some families in the area, Street village for example.

This one is solved.
Interested in the US-McDUNN / MCADEN / MCADDEN / MUCKEDON family history,and variants Westmeath Co. Ireland.  Have read parts of John McDunn's scholarly work on the US-McDunn descendants of Patrick Muckedon of Winetown Co. Westmeath, Ireland.

Offline shanreagh

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 22 May 19 03:11 BST (UK) »
Thank you all for the thorough and accurate reading.

I too thought the second entry 'Brigid....' but changed my mind due to the squiggly writing. I then assumed, wrongly it appears, that the author had a few too many at the celebrations, and guessed 'Mary' from the mother's name.

All are correct on the name 'Leavy', as after scouring Griffith sources I find some families in the area, Street village for example.

This one is solved.

Not sure you can say they were twins - just that they were baptised at the same time which may indicate twins or it may just indicate children baptised at the same time.  I'd be a bit cautious

Offline MMCADEN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 22 May 19 15:52 BST (UK) »

Not sure you can say they were twins - just that they were baptised at the same time which may indicate twins or it may just indicate children baptized at the same time.  I'd be a bit cautious

Ok, fair point. Yet the same mother and father on the same day? Could be adopted one, or even two, also a child kept from it for a year and so on. Later paper trail will eventually tell.

Thank you.
Interested in the US-McDUNN / MCADEN / MCADDEN / MUCKEDON family history,and variants Westmeath Co. Ireland.  Have read parts of John McDunn's scholarly work on the US-McDunn descendants of Patrick Muckedon of Winetown Co. Westmeath, Ireland.

Offline CarolA3

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My adopted home
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 22 May 19 16:39 BST (UK) »
I've seen anything up to five children from one family all baptised together, often with their ages stated.  As you say, the paper trail should show whether they're twins or not.

Carol
OXFORDSHIRE / BERKSHIRE
Bullock, Cooper, Boler/Bowler, Wright, Robinson, Lee, Prior, Trinder, Newman, Walklin, Louch

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 22 May 19 18:17 BST (UK) »
As Griffith's Valuation was mentioned I assume it's from Ireland, if RC than more than likely twins. Babies were usually baptised within days of birth because of the fear that if they died unbaptised they would end up in Limbo.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1549439/The-Pope-ends-state-of-limbo-after-800-years.html