Author Topic: Help Filling in the Blanks - Thanks ever so much  (Read 569 times)

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
Help Filling in the Blanks - Thanks ever so much
« on: Wednesday 22 May 19 22:39 BST (UK) »
Cheery Hello.

Hello from Texas.  I want to thank you ahead of time for your insight!  The writing in this will from 1847 is a bit different from the New York Wills I have been accustomed to.

I do need a bit of help with those portions of the Will that I could not figure out.  Truly appreciate your time and efforts!

This is the Last Will and Testament of me Harriot Brouncker of Montague Square in the County of Middlesex, Widow.  I desire to be buried in the vault in Canford church Dorsetshire.

I give and bequeath my Tea urn to my son Richard and my silver tea pot to my son Francis and I give and bequeath all my ornamental China, Books, Pictures and Prints to my daughters Henrietta, Mary, Frances, Annabella and Barbara and my son Francis to be equally divided between them.

I give and bequeath all my houshold furniture and China unto my daughters Henrietta, Frances and Annabella and my said son Francis to be equally divided between them.

I give and bequeath my Diamonds and pearls to my three daughters Henrietta, Frances and Annabella to be equally divided them.

I give and bequeath my portrait by [John] Hoppner to my unmarried daughters and the survivors and survivor of them and after the decease of the survivor to my son Richard, his executors  administrators and assigns

I give and bequeath all the rest and residue of my Estate and Effects to my daughters, Henrietta, Frances and Annabella equally between them. I appoint my sons Richard and Francis and my daughter Henrietta, Executors and Executrix of this my will In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand this fourth day of August one thousand eight hundred and forty seven.

Signed Harriot Brouncker

Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help Filling in the Blanks - Thanks ever so much
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 22 May 19 23:14 BST (UK) »
give and bequeath my Tea urn to my son Richard and my silver tea pot to my son Francis and I give and bequeath all my ornamental China, Books, Pictures and Prints to my daughters Henrietta, Mary, Frances, Annabella and Barbara and my said son Francis to be equally divided between them.

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 May 19 23:19 BST (UK) »
give and bequeath all my household furniture and China unto my daughters Henrietta Frances and space filler at end of line Annabella    and my son Francis to be equally divided between them

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 May 19 23:22 BST (UK) »
give and bequeath my portrait by ____ to my unmarried daughters and the survivors and survivor of them and after the decease of the survivor to my son Richard, his executors administrators and assigns

sorry, don’t know who painted the portrait. Hope we find out!

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 22 May 19 23:25 BST (UK) »
give and bequeath all the rest and residue of my Estate and Effects to my daughters, Henrietta, Frances and Annabella equally between them. I appoint my sons Richard and Francis and my daughter Henrietta, Executors and Executrix of this my will on witness whereof?  I have hereunto set my hand this fourth day of August one thousand eight hundred and forty seven.

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 22 May 19 23:26 BST (UK) »
sorry, don’t know who painted the portrait.

I think it's written Hopner. Probably = John Hoppner

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hoppner

Offline Bookbox

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 22 May 19 23:27 BST (UK) »
on witness ___

In witness whereof

(agreeing with Mckha489)

Online mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline Carole in Dallas

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Life is evanescent but love eternal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 23 May 19 01:31 BST (UK) »
I am thrilled to see this portrait of my relative.  Thank you! 

And many thanks sent to all of you in helping with the transcription of her will! 

Forever indebted
Carole
Wylde, Barrow, Andrews, Tracy, Tracey, Cocks, Dowdeswell, Roland, Steyner, Fewtrell, Gambuti, Nurmi, Haring, Requa, Blauvelt, Smith, Shirley, Kemp, Withey, Requa, Snider, Blauvelt, Sherwood, Yeury, Blaunch, Bell, Graham, Smith, Riker, Everetts, Bogaert, Everts, Evertse, Glaes, Laurens, Boogaertman, Cozyns

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk