Author Topic: Joseph and Jane Smith and family, Providence, Rhode Island.  (Read 2987 times)

Offline Althea7

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph and Jane Smith and family, Providence, Rhode Island.
« Reply #54 on: Monday 27 May 19 21:31 BST (UK) »
Janet and Ray Gordon have 4 children marked private. daughter, son, son, dau.
Harold's wife is "unknown" and he has a "private" son

It is a legal requirement not to give data on living people, at least in the EU.  It protects their privacy, which Ancestry UK ask users to accept.  But those sons and daughters, especially if they have done DNA tests, will be able to see for themselves the research of others, if they are interested, and how they connect right back.

There could even be younger generations who are interested in their family history.

Offline Althea7

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph and Jane Smith and family, Providence, Rhode Island.
« Reply #55 on: Monday 27 May 19 21:56 BST (UK) »
Thanks everyone, this thread has been very interesting.  Strange how cotton workers settled in Slatersville from the Lancashire and surrounding cotton towns.  I don't know what the environment was like in Rhode Island, but a lot of these ancestors in Manchester died of lung complaints, maybe from the Industrial air or working conditions, one from this same family in Manchester died in his early thirties from Asthma Anasarca.  I have his death certificate.  My great grandfather died of Tuberculosis in 1909, having worked in the Manchester cotton and woollen industry all his life.