Author Topic: Issobell Innes  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Dufftown

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Issobell Innes
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 30 May 19 13:48 BST (UK) »
We were siding with the Jacobites.

I have asked RootdChat for another transcription for Johnne Innes b.26 Jun.1642 son of William Innes and Elspet Innes.

If you have the chance get yourselves a free copy of the ebook on the Leslies. In it the Innes family is mentioned as either INNES or INNIS

William in Montreal

Offline GR2

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 30 May 19 15:10 BST (UK) »
It could be Thomsonne. There is a mark in front to the h which could be the remains of a T or an unfinished T.

At this period there were no Jacobites. They do not appear until towards the end of the 17th century.

Offline Archivos

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Work is the curse of the drinking classes
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 30 May 19 15:11 BST (UK) »
I wasn't convinced about 'homsonne' either - there are a few Howieson's kicking about at that time, with various spellings.

I'll be more than happy to let you do all the Scottish transcriptions then.

Since you are all over this stuff, why didn't you do the full transcript when you posted initially?
Wow. My sincere apologies for offering a possible alternative. I'm not 'all over this stuff', I have an interest in Scottish handwriting, especially from the north east, but (quite clearly) am no expert. I'll not explain why I didn't offer a full transcription, as it's of little consequence, and really of no interest to you. I'll keep my nose well and truly out.