Author Topic: Family of John Robertson Paterson/Jessie Stewart Low , married 1903 Blairgowrie.  (Read 1058 times)

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Paterson and related families of Forfar
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 May 19 09:36 BST (UK) »
Bella Jane was in the 1911 census but I didn't try to track her because she was obviously born before the marriage in 1903 - presumably a daughter of John's first marriage, and I was concentrating on trying to find 12 children of the second marriage.

I don't know where the 1977 death date came from. I have failed to find her death in the deaths index at Scotland's People.

However there is a death of a Bella Jane Chapman, born 21 August 1898, registered in the June quarter of 1969 in Romsey, Hampshire, England. See https://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl. This lady is listed in the 1939 Register as married, paid housekeeper to Arthur Moseley at Steplake Cottage, Wellow Wood, Romsey. There is no James Chapman in the same household but without knowing his date of birth I can't look for him - there are just too many James Chapmans. How old did he say he was in 1922, what was his occupation and where did he live?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline vikkioc71

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 26 May 19 10:58 BST (UK) »
Bella Jane was from John first marriage to Mary Thomas, at first l wasn't going to worry about it, but then l have sat down all day and have everyones birth, marriage and death except for a couple.  First is Bella she married James Chapman 13/june/1922 he lived at port of monteith, i think it says Woodsaw was his occupation. he was 23 years old parents were James Finley Chapman and Bella Chapman. i'm interested in her death. She had a son called Edward. I don't know where l got 1977 from .
 The other things l couldnt find was James Paterson Marriage or death but l know he died in Australia in Tasmania, Australia
Wilhelima Walker marriage certificate to James Irvine and Martin Toole
George paterson if he got married
David paterson death who died in 2003.

Thank you very much for all your help once again

Offline vikkioc71

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 26 May 19 11:02 BST (UK) »
james paterson came to australia in 1950's so he was married before that twice.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 26 May 19 11:26 BST (UK) »
George's and David's death certificates will tell you the names of their wives, if they were married.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline vikkioc71

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 26 May 19 11:31 BST (UK) »
Yes, true I didn’t actually buy the certificates for them both as you know how much they are, I just printed out the page so I knew.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re:Family of John Robertson Paterson/Jessie Stewart Low,married 1903 Blairgowrie
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 26 May 19 11:35 BST (UK) »
I looked again at Wilhelmina Walker Paterson. She was indeed married to Martin Toole in 1931 and then to James Irving in 1938, and died in 1939.