Author Topic: Quaker Family History Society London Meeting and AGM 8th June  (Read 3694 times)

Offline Kousa

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Quaker Family History Society London Meeting and AGM 8th June
« on: Sunday 02 June 19 23:22 BST (UK) »
The QFHS London meeting and AGM, is on June 8th
at Westminster Friends Meeting , 8 Hop Gardens off St Martins Lane, London, WC2N 4EH . This is just off Trafalgar Square and near Charring Cross and Leicester Square, so easy to get to.

- There is no charge for that meeting.
- All are welcome whether members or not so think of bringing a friend or two.
- You would be most welcome
See our website QFHS.co.uk under Events

We have an excellent programme starting with a video by Antony Barlow - ‘A Family of Friends'.
This is based on Antony’s family tree. He comes from a long line of eminent Quakers.
Besides the fascinating Quaker family detail, if like me, you are struggling to make an introduction to your own family tree in a format easy for your own family to follow, come and be inspired by this!
Tony will also speak about 'Three Remarkable Friends' his latest book & 'A Family of Friends'

Of great interest to all those with Quaker family connections is the talk by we have an excellent supporting programme starting with a video by Antony Barlow - ‘A Family of Friends'.
This is based on Antony’s family tree. He comes from a long line of eminent Quakers.
Besides the fascinating Quaker family detail, if like me, you are struggling to make an introduction to your own family tree in a format easy for your own family to follow, come and be inspired by this!
Tony will also speak about 'Three Remarkable Friends' his latest book & 'A Family of Friends'
Of great interest to all those with Quaker family connections is the talk by Lisa McQuillan from Friends House Library who will tell us of latest developments there. It is important to us to keep the excellent rapport we have with this library of central excellence.
The library is of eminent importance to Quaker family history
studies. For instance, those wishing to investigate post 1837 Quaker birth, marriage and burials, this library is the place to go. Here is a chance to learn more of this library and speak to Lisa.

The AGM business takes place early afternoon. We are looking for more members for Committee. As we can run these now over the internet by Skye, all those out in the wilds can take an active part. Even if you can't attend the AGM, do let us know if you are interested. We really could do with some help building a new website as the current one is tired and dated. We also need help with suggestions and with organising One Day Conferences .If you would like to see us in your area (sorry - of the UK only) then send your ideas.

After the AGM business early afternoon, we hope members will join in with something of interest from their own Quaker researches.
It doesn't have to be anything formal but if you have something of interest you would like to show us or talk about, please bring it along. These will be short 10 minute sort of sessions.
Our Secretary will tell us about his family history website.You will be amazed at the depth of information on this site. He leaves few stones unturned in discovering fascinating details about the families and their lives.
I have prepared a short powerpoint 'Lady L. - her legacy to us all'. This has a vague connection to my family.
To keep me to the time slot and stop me talking for England, please join in with your own short talk. Thank you.
Fuller details are available under Events on https://www.qfhs.co.uk
We would appreciate knowing who is coming so I don't understock the biscuits. Just email info@qfhs.co.uk.
Thanks.
Thompsons (of Rothwell and Ackworth Yorkshire); Binns, Spence, Dougill (all Quakers); Langley (of Yaxley and Stilton Huntingdonshire and Wentworth, Yorkshire); Coopers (of Eakring, Notts.); Cock(c)roft (of Lancs. and Yorkshire); Marshall (of Derbyshire); Alp and Mills (of Beccles Suffolk)