Author Topic: SPENCE family-Brechin/Arbroath  (Read 1662 times)

Offline cammianne

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: SPENCE family-Brechin/Arbroath
« Reply #9 on: Monday 03 June 19 17:19 BST (UK) »
Thanks Rosie17!

I just printed it and it states that Thomas Spence was a widower, so now I'm curious as to what happened to wife #1, LOL.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 03 June 19 18:02 BST (UK) »
Forfarian-Thanks for the info.

First, we are starting our journey in Edinburgh (just a couple days, then ending up back there at the end of our trip).  I will definitely start at Scotland's People Centre first.  Can you give me any pointers as to what info to look for there as opposed to in the local towns?  Or, what info I wouldn't be able to find at Scotland's People Centre that I would only find locally?  Hope that makes sense, LOL.

I actually did already rent a car, LOL.  However, each place we're staying at on our journey has parking, even the two different places in Edinburgh.  I actually plan on just parking the vehicle though and not driving once we're in town.  Since we're traveling around Scotland, and have the kids (even though they're big kids, LOL), driving around is the easiest for us.  We'll be staying in Edinburgh, Arbroath, Aberdeen, Inverness, Port Glasgow, and then back in Edinburgh.  My daughter wants to explore some castles, my husband will want to hit museums (he's a teacher, LOL), and my son will want to eat his way through the country.

I love pointers, so keep 'em coming!!
I'll PM you.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 03 June 19 18:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks Rosie17!

I just printed it and it states that Thomas Spence was a widower, so now I'm curious as to what happened to wife #1, LOL.

Looks like he died before the 1841 census you might be able to find out more when you go to Edinbugh . ..You are going to be busy

Rosie

Offline cammianne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 04 June 19 07:45 BST (UK) »
Rosie17,

Thanks for the info.  I just booked my seat at the Scotland's People Center.  I'll just try to get as much done as I can, while still enjoying vacation time with my husband and 2 of our kids.  I feel that since I'm currently living in Europe, it won't be as hard to make my way back to do more research when necessary.

Cammi

PS Just looked up the location of the center and it's only a half mile walk from where we're staying.  Yippee!

Offline rosie17

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 04 June 19 07:56 BST (UK) »
That's good you have booked your seat at Scotland's People Centre best place for Scottish research and works out a lot cheaper as well ...Easy to find an on the main street and also a beautiful castle for your daughter to visit ..Have a lovely time
Rosie  :)