Author Topic: Allton and Thompson  (Read 2886 times)

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Allton and Thompson
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 05 June 19 18:40 BST (UK) »
To help with the search (from GRO Index):

Birth Jun qtr 1885 Tamworth vol 6b p441 - Sarah Ann THOMPSON mmn Allton.

This gives a birth area for Sarah Ann which may help find the parents 1891-1911 to get an idea of birthplaces and last found addresses.

Philip

ADDED - the Jun qtr 1884 wedding of Alfred THOMPSON and Ann ALLTON was also in Tamworth.
The closest Ann ALLTON birth was registered in Sep qtr 1866 Meriden, Warwickshire.
The closest Jun qtr 1862 John THOMPSON birth was in Coventry (or John Joseph in Kings Norton or John Lilas in Congleton).

But on my great grand nan Sarah Ann Thompson marriage certificate it gives her fathers name as Wilfred Thompson a coal miner and William hambridge father as Thomas hambridge as they married in the Coventry area 10 of June 1910

My mistake (a "senior moment"!)  The 1884 groom was Wilfred THOMPSON not Alfred.

If Sarah Ann's father on her marriage cert is given as Wilfred Thompson, coal miner and he is not described as "deceased" this suggests he was still alive in 1910.  I had a quick skim through census transcripts and BMDs on FamilySearch and FreeReg but didn't see an obvious entry for Wilfred - I will keep hunting.

Philip
sorry I tried up loading the marriage certificate of Sarah Ann Thompson and William hambridge but it wouldn't let me. I will give it another try later on x.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 05 June 19 20:36 BST (UK) »
Is this the family in 1901?
Wilfred Thompson   40  Witherley, Warwickshire
Ann Thompson   38  Chapel End, Warwickshire
Sarah Thompson   15  Wilnecote

So what birth years/registrations have you found for Wilfred Thompson and Ann Allton to fit?

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 05 June 19 21:01 BST (UK) »
Possibility?
Deaths December quarter 1935 
 Wilfred Thompson  age 73 at Nuneaton    (6d   716)

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 05 June 19 23:41 BST (UK) »
Is this the family in 1901?
Wilfred Thompson   40  Witherley, Warwickshire
Ann Thompson   38  Chapel End, Warwickshire
Sarah Thompson   15  Wilnecote

So what birth years/registrations have you found for Wilfred Thompson and Ann Allton to fit?
I camed across birth year 1862 for both Ann and Wilfred Thompson on myHeritage and findmypast and when I put down month June 1884 for marriage I camed across the fathers names Thomas Thompson and Henry Thompson as back then my family was boat travelers traveling from Birmingham to Brentford on the canal.

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 06 June 19 01:51 BST (UK) »
A tree on Ancestry has Wilfred's death as 28/12/1935 Nuneaton, and Ann's death as 11/12/1938 Nuneaton.

Wilfred's birth entry in GRO index is as Will Fred Thompson in June quarter 1862 Atherstone - mmn Marshall.   Mothers name on birth entries for some of his siblings varies as Murrhall/Murshell but tree on Ancestry shows his mother as Mary Morhall.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 06 June 19 07:04 BST (UK) »
'I camed across birth year 1862 for both Ann and Wilfred Thompson on myHeritage and findmypast '
 In that census I posted the ages are 2 years apart, though the ages could be wrong for a variety of reasons.

The ages are claimed on myheritage and findmypast from someone else's tree?
Where have you looked for the actual birth registrations?

'June 1884 for marriage I camed across the fathers names Thomas Thompson and Henry Thompson as back then my family was boat travelers traveling from Birmingham to Brentford on the canal.'  Wilfred was a coalminer.
Does it say that they (his Father etc) were travellers on any census?  Both parents surnames Thompson??

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 06 June 19 16:51 BST (UK) »
'I camed across birth year 1862 for both Ann and Wilfred Thompson on myHeritage and findmypast '
 In that census I posted the ages are 2 years apart, though the ages could be wrong for a variety of reasons.

The ages are claimed on myheritage and findmypast from someone else's tree?
Where have you looked for the actual birth registrations?

'June 1884 for marriage I camed across the fathers names Thomas Thompson and Henry Thompson as back then my family was boat travelers traveling from Birmingham to Brentford on the canal.'  Wilfred was a coalminer.
Does it say that they (his Father etc) were travellers on any census?  Both parents surnames Thompson??
all of my family was  coal miners and boatman that's all I no.

Offline kirsty.foreman

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 06 June 19 16:56 BST (UK) »
A tree on Ancestry has Wilfred's death as 28/12/1935 Nuneaton, and Ann's death as 11/12/1938 Nuneaton.

Wilfred's birth entry in GRO index is as Will Fred Thompson in June quarter 1862 Atherstone - mmn Marshall.   Mothers name on birth entries for some of his siblings varies as Murrhall/Murshell but tree on Ancestry shows his mother as Mary Morhall.

Annette
thank you I camed across the year 1938 for ann allton but I wasn't to sure to be honest. But what I have been thinking about is where did the surname allton come from.

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 07 June 19 07:04 BST (UK) »
'all of my family was  coal miners and boatman that's all I no.'

Have you found Ann Allton with her parents on any census?