Author Topic: Frederick George PERRETT  (Read 2387 times)

Offline mckha489

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Frederick George PERRETT
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 08 June 19 11:40 BST (UK) »
Maybe just coincidence but there was a Metropolitan police sergeant named Sampson Dawe Frost (b. 1811) who was married to Ann Elizabeth Perrett (b. 1814). They would be too old to be Frederick's parents but they had a son Edward Henry born 1845.

That’s a better coincidence than PUFFETT which I thought might have been a transcription error.

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Can't see the wood for the !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 08 June 19 12:10 BST (UK) »
Can't thank every enough its been a fascinationg hunt but sadly it means that Frederick does not relate to the Perrett sisters who were married to the Burry constables who were all on the same cricket team. The problem of sorting those two continues now
Many thanks again.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

For details of my research interests please see
mcmullin.me.uk
Also read the children a story from Story Time at the same web site.

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Can't see the wood for the !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Saturday 15 June 19 12:33 BST (UK) »
Just can't let this one lie as I am preparing a page about the Police men on our tree and This line,although yet to be linked to my Perretts, is full of Police Officers with great stories attached
You will recall that 31 March 1901 in Swindon he is a Police Constable aged 27 with Mary Perrett a 42year old Parlour maid both born in CRICKLADE visiting Thomas J Robinson and Lydia  It turns out that Lydia was Mary's sister, she married her Police Constable husband in Hindon on 30 Apr 1883 witnessed by another sister and their father ( the bride was 20) I wonder were Mary and Frederick living in CRICKLADE at the time.
I wonder if a moderator can move this to the Wiltshire board please as we are a bit off topic now. Thank YOU EVERYONE FOR YOUR INTEREST
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

For details of my research interests please see
mcmullin.me.uk
Also read the children a story from Story Time at the same web site.