Author Topic: Robert Henry Nevin 1848 - ? What happened to him.  (Read 2920 times)

Offline Gillian Mauchan

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Eliza Warr c 1900 Found her she lied about her age
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Henry Nevin 1848 - ? What happened to him.
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 26 October 19 06:07 BST (UK) »
Unfortunately SA marriage records do not list the parents of a person. If they were not listed on the Robert's Estate DN there is no where else where you can go to confirm the relationship.
WARR, MAUCHAN, GOWANS,Guest,Whitcomb. Taute, Webb,Pascual

Offline Craig Nevin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Henry Nevin 1848 - ? What happened to him.
« Reply #19 on: Monday 28 October 19 00:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,

Thanks for your response and your research is so much appreciated. You have provided some really interesting pieces of information.

This is some information that has been passed down through my family:
John of Allendale had 3 children - Canon, John, Ridley.
John of Leadhills married Jane French and they had 6 children - John, Robert, Louisa, George, Jane, Margaret.
Robert Henry married Louisa Gibb Becket and they had 4 children - Albert, Ronald, Percy, Gerald.
Albert French married Catherine Wallace and they had 7 children - Muriel, Hugh, Louisa, Rhoda, Patricia, Eric,  Denis. Eric and  Denis were twins.
Hugh French married Irene and they had 1 child - Gerald.  Gerald is my father.

I was told that John Nevin of Allendale was an influential man who lived in a large house called "The Riding". His son John was a lead mine agent at Allenheads before moving to Leadhills.

I also have information that Albert's brother Percy married Blanche and they had 3 children - Richard, David, Elizabeth. Another interesting story was Percy was engaged to Ellen and he went to war. He returned from war with his bride Blanche, so Ellen later married his brother Ronald.

Kind regards
Craig