Author Topic: Genetic Memory?  (Read 9349 times)

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Genetic Memory?
« Reply #72 on: Saturday 22 June 19 08:37 BST (UK) »
Cue it up, Mike in Cumbria ...... 3, 2, 1 ..... hit it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b5aW08ivHU
It does feel like entering the Twilight Zone sometimes.

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Saturday 22 June 19 09:09 BST (UK) »
   I was waiting for you to pop up Mike in Cumbria.   

How nice. Thanks for waiting.

But many lies have been told trying to discredit University Scholars who have found real evidence.

I suspect that what you and I mean by "real evidence" may differ slightly.

If it is a religious quirk in denying reincarnation, then I would remind everyone that Reincarnation was once a prime belief in Christianity - see https://www.facts-are-facts.com/article/reincarnation-the-churchs-biggest-lie and just search for the Empress Prostitue and Reincarnation which will bring up many more pages about what happened.

If you say so. I could respond with a whole list of odd things that were once prime beliefs in Christianity , but I'll resist the temptation.

In any case the confirmed cases of reincarnation are now legion. 

Well, clearly, they aren't. Again, I suspect that we don't mean the same thing by "confirmed"

That is not what happens for we are pure energy and energy can be displaced but never destroyed.

You are correct to say that energy can not be destroyed - it degrades to heat energy and disperses. However, we are not "pure energy" - that is just non-scientific nonsense.

How on earth could the late Gwen MacDonald of Sydney be a lady who had never even travelled outside of her own state of NSW have been able to draw an exact copy of a stone slab which was later uncovered by a research team in Somerset down so amazingly accurate - every curve, every line, and position on the stone slab exactly as she had drawn months before.   Yet that Stone Slab had been covered in filth for more than a century and had taken 24 hours to clean the dirt away and find that very same stone slab described by Rose Duncan who lived 200 years earlier

No-one really knows how much mis-information, collusion, altering the evidence, gullibility, over-interpretation or just poor record-keeping went into that much-quoted case but I can guarantee that it didn't happen quite in the way it has been reported.

.......It is cases like this which prove that it is either reincarnation OR somehow we can tap into an Akashic Record - a Universal record.

I must admit, I had to look up "Akashic Record".  As I suspected, it's just another non-scientific New Age pile of nonsense, to put it politely.

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Saturday 22 June 19 09:45 BST (UK) »
   How on earth could the late Gwen MacDonald of Sydney be a lady who had never even travelled outside of her own state of NSW have been able to draw an exact copy of a stone slab which was later uncovered by a research team in Somerset down so amazingly accurate - every curve, every line, and position on the stone slab exactly as she had drawn months before.   Yet that Stone Slab had been covered in filth for more than a century and had taken 24 hours to clean the dirt away and find that very same stone slab described by Rose Duncan who lived 200 years earlier?

I can recommend an excellent book, based on real research that might help you with this. "The Memory Illusion" by Dr Julia Shaw is a fascinating exploration of the way memory works and why almost everything we think we remember is wrong and why we all remember things that never happened.

Offline cristeen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Saturday 22 June 19 10:53 BST (UK) »
I can't comment on the genetic memory idea & haven't read the whole of this thread but I do know that certain specific skills seem to have been passed down through many generations of my family.
As an example, an intuitive skill with horses. My daughter manages a livery yard, she backs and schools young and naughty horses and has already gained a reputation locally, I was a 'horsey' child, my father was known as the best equine vet in the area before he retired, my grandfather was a point to point jockey before he joined the police, my great grandfather imported horses from Ireland for the Lord & Lady Stanley of that time (Derby Festival) & was heavily involved with the local hunt as was my g great grandfather. On the female line I have a lot of teachers and excellent seamstresses. I have recently been entrusted with my father's christening gown which was hand-made by my great aunt (from my grandmothers wedding dress & Nottingham lace) the tiny stitches are truly exquisite
Newson, Steavenson, Walker, Taylor, Dobson, Gardner, Clark, Wilson, Smith, Crossland, Goldfinch, Burnett, Hebdon, Peers, Strother, Askew, Bower, Beckwith, Patton, White, Turner, Nelson, Gilpin, Tomlinson, Thompson, Spedding, Wilkes, Carr, Butterfield, Ormandy, Wilkinson, Cocking, Glover, Pennington, Bowker, Kitching, Langhorn, Haworth, Kirkham.

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Saturday 22 June 19 11:44 BST (UK) »
I was waiting for you to pop up Mike in Cumbria.   

To be fair, Mike first 'popped up' on this thread at reply #27, some time before you did!
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Saturday 22 June 19 11:45 BST (UK) »
Just because a website calls itself "Facts are Facts" doesn't mean that what it says is true.

In fact (ie this is something which I assert to be true), because so much of the internet is essentially unregulated and not subject to the kind of peer review or fact-checking which serious publications employ, it is quite possibly at best an elaborate concoction of wishful thinking.

(Of course, the internet being what it is, it's possible that what I've said here isn't true either, but in trying to work out what this might imply, I am finding myself drawn into a spiral of absurdity.)
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mike in Cumbria

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Saturday 22 June 19 13:05 BST (UK) »
   How on earth could the late Gwen MacDonald of Sydney be a lady who had never even travelled outside of her own state of NSW have been able to draw an exact copy of a stone slab which was later uncovered by a research team in Somerset down so amazingly accurate - every curve, every line, and position on the stone slab exactly as she had drawn months before. 
Uncanny, isn't it?

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Saturday 22 June 19 13:40 BST (UK) »
Not even wildly similar!  Maybe creative drawing  :-X

Here's the drawn one superimposed on the stone.

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Saturday 22 June 19 13:52 BST (UK) »
..and here's the stone as close to a line drawing as I can do with Nik filters.

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***