Author Topic: Raffell family Plymouth  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Helen Geach

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Raffell family Plymouth
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 21 August 21 21:20 BST (UK) »
Hi I too am looking for information with regards to the Raffell family as I believe I am related to them. I think that Edwin Raffell was also my great grandfather but I am yet to confirm it as I am looking for my biological father and family. I'm pretty sure that Phyllis May Raffell stayed in 69 Bedwelty, Derlwyn street until she died. As a very small child I use to visit her with my mum although I remember very little. I have been told that she was in very poor health and was bed bound towards the las years of her life. My mum, Elizabeth or Betty Owen maiden name Evans used to visit here and look after her when we were on holiday with my mums family. Her husband was Ivor Lewis and I have been led to believe that they had one son by the name of Reginald Lewis. I don't think they were related to my mums side of the family as I have done an Ancestry DNA test and there are no matches with them and my cousins etc on my mothers side. So i have deduced that the Raffells therefore must be my biological family. It's all a bit of a shock to be honest but I would be very happy and eager to discuss this further because I would love to know either way. Thanks Helen x