Author Topic: Annie Giblin/Weller/Heppenstall British Home Child  (Read 4080 times)

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Annie Giblin/Weller/Heppenstall British Home Child
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 29 June 19 05:33 BST (UK) »
In 1953 Electors list :
425 Lipton Street, Winnipeg
Harry HEPPENSTALL, Boilermaker
Mrs Annie HEPPENSTALL

Winnipeg Free Press has a death notice for a John Heppenstall - wife Annie Heppenstall.  He died 4 June 1953 and is buried in Brookside Cemetery.  His address had been 425 Lipton Street.

I too wondered re: the STanley HEPPENSTALL / Margaret GIBLIN marriage:

This:

"STANLEY HEPPENSTALL On December 22, 1967 at Brandon, Manitoba, Stanley Heppenstall, aged 73 years. Mr. Heppenstall is survived by one son, John Heppenstall, one daughter C...R. Bruce (Peggy) two brothers Alfred and Wil- fred, seven grandchildren. Funeral service will be held Wednesday at p.m. -in Kerr's Funeral Chapel 120 Adelaide St. Interment' in Brookside Cemetery. Friends may call at the Funeral Chapel, Tuesday evening 7 to 9 p.m. "

and:
1921 CENSUS
Roomer: Stanley Hepinstall 22, married, b Manitoba, German Parents
In Marquette, Manitoba (as HEPIMTALL) but no wife with him.

PatsyAnn, you say you have Annie in the 1916 Census?  I can see her in 1906 with Julia, but where was she exactly in 1916?

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 29 June 19 05:41 BST (UK) »
Glad you found an obit for Stanley with some family information :)  I just read the short one from Dec 25...should have read the one from Dec 26!! 

Here is Julia in a convent in Prince Albert in 1926...I know PatsyAnn said she is done researching Julia, but the original post says Julia became a nun in Moose Jaw.  Just thought I would post the link to Julia in 1926 - in case PatsyAnn doesn't have it.

http://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.item/?app=census1926&op=img&id=e011243985

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 29 June 19 06:16 BST (UK) »
I think I am about to confuse everyone....

There is an obituary in the Winnipeg Free Press 1978 - for a Margaret (Peggy) Weber.  She died March 3 1976 aged 75.  Wife of Edward Weber. 

Survived by son John Heppenstall, wife Jean; daughter Peggy Bruce, husband Colin; stepdaughters Lil and Elma, stepsons Nelson, Larry and Lloyd. 

This must be the Margaret Giblin who married Stanley Heppenstall in 1919.  Looks like she and Stanley divorced and she married Edward Weber.

Could Weller be Weber? 

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 29 June 19 06:28 BST (UK) »
Peggy Bruce's obituary from 1978... says she is Margaret Anna (Peggy) Bruce.  She died July 28 1978.  She was 49.  Wife of Colin.  She is survived by 2 sons and 2 daughters (named in the obit); brother John Heppenstall of West St. Paul; 2 uncles - Alf Heppenstall of Vancouver and Wilfred Heppenstall of Winnipeg.  She was predeceased by her father Stanley in 1967 and mother Margaret in 1976 and stepfather Edward Weber in 1976. 

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 29 June 19 06:34 BST (UK) »
Edward Weber died May 25, 1976.  His obit says his first wife Caroline died in 1940 (could be 1948 - hard to read). 

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 29 June 19 06:39 BST (UK) »
Found Caroline's obit under Lina Weber...she died in 1940. 

IF (and this is a big "if") your Annie is actually Margaret Anna (like daughter Peggy...and her mother was Margaret Flynn) Giblin...who married Stanley Heppenstall, then married Edward Weber...the marriage to Edward was after 1940. 

RK

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 29 June 19 07:00 BST (UK) »
Stanley and Margaret Heppinstall...1926 in Winnipeg (bottom of the page).  Margaret says she was born in Ireland and her parents were Irish.  She says she came to Canada in 1906.

http://central.bac-lac.gc.ca/.item/?app=census1926&op=img&id=e011231902

RK

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 29 June 19 09:28 BST (UK) »

Looks good, well done chaps. ........ ;)

FIND A GRAVE

Brookside Cemetery Winnipeg Great Winnipeg Manitoba.

Edward 25 May 1976 and Margaret Weber

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/111313841/edward-weber

Margaret 3 March 1976

Sandra

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/111313856/margaret-weber

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline RunKitty

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 29 June 19 13:16 BST (UK) »
Hopefully PatsyAnn can find a birth certificate for "Annie".  The marriage cert for Stanley Heppenstall and Margaret Giblin would be useful to have as well.

I wonder if there is an obituary for Frederick Charles?  He died in White Rock BC on Aug 31 1962.  Perhaps an obit would mention his surviving sisters?

http://search-collections.royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/Image/Genealogy/39d9fe64-3281-47ce-966a-deb2c7988880

Is there an obituary for Julia?

RK