Author Topic: parents of Charlotte King, baptized 03 SEP 1830 Sudbury  (Read 721 times)

Offline akissling

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
parents of Charlotte King, baptized 03 SEP 1830 Sudbury
« on: Sunday 30 June 19 21:19 BST (UK) »
I am trying to confirm that Charlotte King born 06 MAR 1830, baptized 03 SEP 1830, All Saints Sudbury Suffolk is the daughter of Charles King (sometimes Wissett King or King Wissett) and Mary Ambrose. Thanks!
Carey, McCabe, McKinnon, Barr, Curr, Templeton

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: parents of Charlotte King, baptized 03 SEP 1830 Sudbury
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 July 19 00:56 BST (UK) »
I would say she was - Charles King and Mary Ambrose married 13/12/1814 Lavenham and had children baptised there 1815 until 1827 - then there is Charlotte in Sudbury.   Her baptism shows father Charles was a shoemaker and in 1841 at Lavenham Charles is there - shoemaker - with Eliza 14 (baptised 3/4/1827 Lavenham) and Charlotte 11.   

Baptism index shows the only Charlotte born to a Charles and Mary was the one baptised 3/9/1830 Sudbury.

Mary King, nee Ambrose, appears to have been buried 13/6/1834 Sudbury (bc.1794).

I would suggest the family moved to Sudbury between 1827 and 1830 (when Charlotte born) and that after Mary's death there in 1834 Charles took his family back to Lavenham.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline akissling

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: parents of Charlotte King, baptized 03 SEP 1830 Sudbury
« Reply #2 on: Monday 01 July 19 02:22 BST (UK) »
Thanks so much Annette! That was everything I needed and more!!! I can now feel confident that she is on my family tree!
Carey, McCabe, McKinnon, Barr, Curr, Templeton