Author Topic: William Trezise bap.13/3/1814 St Just in Penwith, parents William Trezise & Eliz  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Kenvyn Davies

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
For Trish... I forgot to mention that Elizabeth Edwards had been previously married and had had 3 children with a Boyens.
Trish, I'm surprised that you were able to refer to Richard Eddy's movement to Australia in 1848 via the 'Santipore'.
Of course I knew that but, I'm wondering what access you have to these shipping records.
A matter of dispute between myself and the Cornish Society of Vic. has been the arrival of Andrew Eddy to Australia.
Census shows him still at Trevean Cornwall in 1851 but he is lost then until providing Elizabeth Jane Bolitho, previously Trezise, with the first of her next 11 children in 1863/4.
We, they and I, can't find his arrival here.
On his death Certificate in 1882 it states that he lived in Vic. for 27 years which would make his entry here about 1855. As his brother and family had moved from SA to Vic in about 1852/3, I can see no reason for him to go to South Aust. I've checked anyway.
But I did find an Andrew Addy and perhaps wife Hannah, plus 2 others, arriving in 1855 on the 'Gypsy Bride' into Vic. I'm taking this as my g/grandfather. Cornish Society won't accept it.
I can't find Andrew marrying any Hannah in the UK (between 1851 & 1855).
Do you have any access to things that I don't?
Ken

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: William Trezise bap.13/3/1814 St Just in Penwith, parents William Trezise & Eliz
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 10:43 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Ken.
I love it when people post extra info as its brings the names we are trying to help research come alive.
Re the arrival 1848 that was on;
www.familyhistorysa.org/colonists.html

I will read through info on Andrew Eddy and see if I can help there.

I probably dont have access to anything other than what I can find on line.
Although I am in Australia I do little research here for myself or others and I just concentrate on the UK.

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Kenvyn Davies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Trezise bap.13/3/1814 St Just in Penwith, parents William Trezise & Eliz
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 11:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Trish.
I didn't realise that you were a local too.
I forgot to thank you earlier for proving that Elizabeth Edwards was William's mother.
Can be confident with my Tree now.
You and the other girls who have helped me with the Davies 3 years back do a marvelous job.
Well done to you all.
Ken

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 11:28 BST (UK) »
Your welcome Ken.
Sorry I cant see anything else for Andrew Eddy other than the possible arrival you have.

Trish :)

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Ruskie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 13:44 BST (UK) »
Ken, have you asked on the Australia boards to see if anyone can help with your Eddys?

I think some people might have access to records other than those online.

It is tempting to accept Addy = Eddy isn't it?  :)

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 15:00 BST (UK) »
Yes Ruskie is right try the Oz Board :)

Offline Kenvyn Davies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 09 July 19 22:38 BST (UK) »
Thanks again for everything Trish.
Yes, I have put it out, together with my theory, but only received loud laughter.
The Cornish Society too, as I said, have no information, not even to my suggestion that if, as the Addy arrival indicates, he was already married, why they (we) can't find a Wedding Certificate for Andrew and Elizabeth Jane Bolitho (Trezise).
My theory is that as he was already married, he couldn't commit again, but still fathered 11 childen.
Oh boy.
Once again thanks, at least you settled William Trezise for me. That Wedding Certificate did it.
Ken