Author Topic: Birth of John Sainsbury - Died 1758 in Winterslow, Wiltshire  (Read 677 times)

Offline Boudicca95

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Birth of John Sainsbury - Died 1758 in Winterslow, Wiltshire
« on: Sunday 07 July 19 08:15 BST (UK) »
Hi there

I'm trying to find the birth of John Sainsbury who died as an infant in Winterslow, Wiltshire in 1758. He is recorded in the parish records as being an infant and the national register has recorded him as being 0 years old when he died.Therefore, I think he should have been born in 1757 or 1758 - or maybe my supposition is wrong.

Another infant John Sainsbury died in Winterslow in 1755 and died in 1755 - both are recorded in the parish record and have parents John and Mary Sainsbury - potentially my relatives. I am wondering whether they had another son in 1758 and used the same name.

I think John and Mary Sainsbury possibly went on to have yet another son named John Sainsbury born in Winterslow in 1766 who survived and is definitely my relative - parents John and Mary Sainsbury, but I am not sure if they are the same John and Mary Sainsbury ( who married in Winterslow in 1754). The time gap looks a bit suspect. Also, I can find no other siblings born in Winterslow which is weird.Maybe they moved somewhere else and then moved back to Winterslow?

I am wondering if John Sainsbury was born some where else in 1757/8. However, I can't find a birth that makes sense in Wiltshire. I am also wondering if I have an error in my family tree with the John Sainsbury born in 1766. Maybe a different John and Mary Sainsbury were his parents.

Any ideas or suggestions of where to look next would be helpful. I am pulling my hair out here! Too many John Sainsburys! (Also my dad's name by the way :) )

Liz

Offline philipsearching

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I was a beautiful baby - what went wrong?
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of John Sainsbury - Died 1758 in Winterslow, Wiltshire
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 July 19 14:52 BST (UK) »
If an infant died very soon after birth as baptism may not have occurred or been recorded.  I have a few burials in my tree "infant son of....." and a few with names whose baptisms cannot be traced.  Your John Sainsbury could be the same.

Philip
Please help me to help you by citing sources for information.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline horse000

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Ironbridge from the bridge
    • View Profile
Re: Birth of John Sainsbury - Died 1758 in Winterslow, Wiltshire
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 July 19 06:44 BST (UK) »
Hi

Wilts FHS
1755 May 23 SANSBURY John s/o John & Mary. Bap.
Spelling may or may not be significant, the National burial Index also has Sansbury.

This also applies to the 1766 John
1766 Jan 6 SANSBURY John s/o John & Mary. Bap

I can't see an obvious birth/bap for the John, 1758 burial, the NBI also has Sansbury.

Geoff
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk