Author Topic: Scotlandspeople  (Read 1168 times)

Offline Craclyn

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Scotlandspeople
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 07 July 19 17:38 BST (UK) »
Credits expire after a certain time. Perhaps it would be better to start all over again. ScotlandsPeople "remembers me" so I have no difficulty getting on to the site".

The problem with starting again is that unless you use the same mail address you will lose access to the records you have previously purchased.
Crackett, Cracket, Webb, Turner, Henderson, Murray, Carr, Stavers, Thornton, Oliver, Davis, Hall, Anderson, Atknin, Austin, Bainbridge, Beach, Bullman, Charlton, Chator, Corbett, Corsall, Coxon, Davis, Dinnin, Dow, Farside, Fitton, Garden, Geddes, Gowans, Harmsworth, Hedderweek, Heron, Hedley, Hunter, Ironside, Jameson, Johnson, Laidler, Leck, Mason, Miller, Milne, Nesbitt, Newton, Parkinson, Piery, Prudow, Reay, Reed, Read, Reid, Robinson, Ruddiman, Smith, Tait, Thompson, Watson, Wilson, Youn

Offline Millmoor

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 07 July 19 17:44 BST (UK) »
When you last logged in Scotland's People in 2012 it was run by Bright Solid. They subsequently lost the contract. When the new website was up an running we all had to adjust our passwords. If you have not already done so I would suggest you go to the technical help section and scroll down to the section on login/password.

William
Dent (Haltwhistle and Sacriston), Bell and Jetson (Haltwhistle), Postle, Ward, Longstaff, Purvis, Manners, Parnaby and Hardy (Co. Durham), Kennedy and McRobert (Banffshire), Reid(Bathgate), Watson (Wemyss), Graham (Libberton), Sandilands (Carmichael), Munro (Dingwall)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 07 July 19 17:52 BST (UK) »
The problem with starting again is that unless you use the same mail address you will lose access to the records you have previously purchased.
They are able to amalgamate different accounts.

I had two using different e-mail addresses - long story - and when they moved from Brightsolid I 'fessed and they amalgamated them so I now have just one account with access to all the certs I viewed using the other one.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 07 July 19 22:40 BST (UK) »
Thank you all,I will try again Monday.
and yes it accepts my email address
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk