Author Topic: Llanwenarth Ultra parish  (Read 2675 times)

Offline mazi

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Llanwenarth Ultra parish
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 14 July 19 14:09 BST (UK) »
I'm watching the cricket and looking at maps on my laptop  ;D

New Z are off to a good start, now switching from cricket to tennis and back, fortunately the motor racing is on record.

Mike

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 14 July 19 15:08 BST (UK) »
We are watching the cricket, the tennis and the grand prix while doing family history too 😀
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline Chilternbirder

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 14 July 19 16:50 BST (UK) »
For registration purposes Llanwenarth ultra and citra became part of Llanfoist in 1935, I might widen the search a bit, maybe south of the river, in case it was a very spread out parish.

Either way it’s a beautiful part of the county

Mike
The parish covered quite an area south of the Usk including all of Govilon. I agree with the others about needing to see a copy of the original entry.

I can't identify anything in the far south of the parish from my own collection of old maps of the coal field.

Crabb from Laurencekirk / Fordoun and Scurry from mid Essex

Offline Ian Sumpter

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 14 July 19 17:06 BST (UK) »
Greetings, thank you very much for all your assistance on this matter I attach a cropped copy of my gr. grandfather's birth reg dated 1842 (original file is to large).  Hopefully you can decipher.

cheers
ian

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 14 July 19 17:17 BST (UK) »
Looks like Tirpwll to me 🤔
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 14 July 19 17:21 BST (UK) »
Possibly Tu(otherwise Ty?)Pwll in Gavilon?

Roger

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 14 July 19 17:22 BST (UK) »
Abel and Elizabeth were both of Blaenafon when they married in July 1842

Abel at Tyr Gwent, Llantillio Pertholey, on the 1841,

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 14 July 19 17:31 BST (UK) »

Roger

There’s still a Ty Pwll farm in Govilon

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Sunday 14 July 19 17:31 BST (UK) »

Roger

Just coming in to ask if there's a Ty pwll in the area and see that you've found one, Roger.

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***