Author Topic: Ballymaguigan roots  (Read 3691 times)

Offline Ringading

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ballymaguigan roots
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 14 January 20 14:20 GMT (UK) »
Thanks so much Charlie, I will look forward to hearing from them
Regards

Offline chuckie0121

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 14 January 20 14:22 GMT (UK) »
I can understand how you must feel. When i first discovered my ancestors in Ballymaguigan on Jerry Doyles website i was thrilled. Sadly he died a few years before I found the rootsweb tree but i then tried the same pages you had and eventually contacted someone who passed me on to Jo-Ann the new admin and friend of Jerry.
Like I said in the previous post I have messaged her and she will get back to me or possible even respond to this thread soon.
I look forward to seeing you on the site

Charlie

Offline Ringading

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 14 January 20 14:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Charlie, just a thought, but as we have had three messages between us, I believe we can now private message. Might be interesting to touch base on who we are researching, and possibly swop some info or ideas ... As I said just a thought
Regards
Liz

Offline chuckie0121

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 15 January 20 00:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Liz that sounds good. PM me when youre ready and we can go from there

Offline joneill119

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 16 January 20 19:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi all and Charlie for telling me about this forum.  I think I will tell you all a little story about Ballymaguigan Roots before we, Charlie and I start adding you on to the site. 

Back in the year 2000, we had a fearless leader named Jerry Doyle.  He began the original bally roots family site that was hosted through Ancestry.com.  It ran for about seven years and during that time, unfortunately, Jerry passed away unexpectedly.  Along with the site that was hosted by ancestry was a tree which if you are members of the site will see it with 25K or so listed names.  We are not all related (well not to absolutely everyone) but Jerry and I and a few other members transcribed records for St. Trea's, Newbridge, the Magherafelt churches and St. Mary's in Bellaghy before they were listed on PRONI.  It was a great site with many active members.  When ancestry decided they were not interested in hosting any longer a few of us tried to get a site going on goclub.  It was years in the making but we have never picked up the momentum that we had with the myfamily site.  The records did not transcribe properly on to the site at all.  But, we, Charlie, myself and a number of others would really love some fresh research on the site.  Now the reason you are unable to get on is because you have to be invited by Charlie, myself, or a few other members.  We need your email address and name and I ask that you give us a little info on who and where you are researching so that we can properly invite you to the site.  With that being said, we would love to have you join us, no malware, viruses or anything attached to the site, trust me on that. 

My history is my grandmother, Maggie McElhone, daughter of James McElhone and Margaret Kearney was born in 1888 in Ballynagarve and grandda Dan was born 1875, son of Edward O'Neill and Margaret McCormick in Ballymaguigan.  I have been there a number of times, have many close relations still in the area and would love to meet anyone else that might be researching those names.  Since 2000, I have met many wonderful folks who are or are not related to me but are also researching in the area so I am always available to help out. 

Let me know your names and email addresses and will be happy to add you to the site.  Happy New Year and hopefully we find many new links to the families of Co. Derry.

Jo-Ann O'Neill

Offline Ringading

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 16 January 20 20:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jo-Ann
Thank you so much for such an informative email, as I previously stated I was elected as a member of Bally roots some years ago, but did not get a lot of use before life intervened.
the people I am searching for start with my my g.grandfather James Campbell. Born Magherafelt 1851.although I cannot get any record of this birth, my research has taken me a marriage of a James Campbell and Mary Hinfey m.1841, who produced a son Thomas in 1842. ( this is the only record for a marriage at this time for these names according to the Diocese office in Armgh)
I have just been made aware ( thanks Charlie) that there might have been another birth in Ballinderry in 1846 for a Mary Anna Campbell.... Just in the process of confirming this is the same people.
I know that this family must had moved into the city of Londonderry at some point, because my G.grandfather married there in 1868. But when this happened still has to be confirmed
I know that Mary Hinfey was my gg.grandmother, but I cannot find any information for her husband James Campbell. If he wasn't actually born in Ballymaguigan, it could not have been too far away given the opportunity to travel at this time.
I am hoping that the info your site holds  covers areas in close proximity to Ballymaguin, I.e. Roman Catholic Church records etc.
If by now you have lost the will to live, I will close by saying thank you so much for any help you can give on this . Should you need any further info, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Best regards Liz Frost

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline chuckie0121

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 16 January 20 20:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Liz i've just added you to the Bally website. Check your email, it will have a temp password to use that you will need to change. Look forward to seeing you on there

Regards Charlie

Offline Ringading

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 17 January 20 03:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Charlie,
Nothing arrived so far, just confirm my email again
If you could give it another try, I would appreciate it
Best wishes Liz

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Friday 17 January 20 10:44 GMT (UK) »
Liz your email address has been removed again, please taken note the the message given. It is never safe practice to give our your email address.

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk