Author Topic: West Somerset Village History Society  (Read 399 times)

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
West Somerset Village History Society
« on: Wednesday 24 July 19 01:32 BST (UK) »
Can anyone please tell me if this group is still going?
I tried sending an email using the contact on their website, but it bounced back.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.

Online arthurk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: West Somerset Village History Society
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 July 19 13:21 BST (UK) »
The information on the Programme and Events tabs relates to this year, so they appear to be still going.

If you look at the Committee tab you'll find some more (non-clickable) email addresses - maybe try one of them?
Researching among others:
Bartle, Bilton, Bingley, Campbell, Craven, Emmott, Harcourt, Hirst, Kellet(t), Kennedy,
Meaburn, Mennile/Meynell, Metcalf(e), Palliser, Robinson, Rutter, Shipley, Stow, Wilkinson

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline pinefamily

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Big sister with baby brother
    • View Profile
Re: West Somerset Village History Society
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 July 19 23:59 BST (UK) »
Thank you, Arthur.
I probably should have looked a bit further, but when an email on their "contact us" page didn't work, I did wonder.
I am Australian, from all the lands I come (my ancestors, at least!)

Pine/Pyne, Dowdeswell, Kempster, Sando/Sandoe/Sandow, Nancarrow, Hounslow, Youatt, Richardson, Jarmyn, Oxlade, Coad, Kelsey, Crampton, Lindner, Pittaway, and too many others to name.
Devon, Dorset, Gloucs, Cornwall, Warwickshire, Bucks, Oxfordshire, Wilts, Germany, Sweden, and of course London, to name a few.