Author Topic: Articles/people relating to HMS Formidable (sunk 1-1-1915) sought for new book  (Read 368 times)

Offline potty5

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Dear forum members, many years ago I published a book on the sinking of the old pre-dreadnought battleship HMS Formidable on January 1, 1915, in the English Channel titled BEFORE THE BELLS HAVE FADED. Since then I have been fascinated with the story and have continued to research the story and collect photos and articles relating to the old battleship. I now have many many more photos than were published in the old book and intend to put them in all in a new scrapbook style book to be privately published in aid of the Lyme Regis lifeboat. Basically, if any forum members have relatives associated with HMS Formidable (survived or perished) or the sinking of the Formidable, including the rescue of sailors by the Brixham trawler 'Provident' (William Pillar and crew) or residents of Lyme Regis who helped in the rescue of the survivors (Sgt. Stockley, Mrs Atkins at Pilot Boat Inn etc.) then can you please get in touch with me please so I can include your photos and memories in the new publication. Closing date for photos will be the end of November. Thanks very much, Mark Potts.