Author Topic: Help gaining greater detail.  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Horsley2016

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help gaining greater detail.
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 01 August 19 15:18 BST (UK) »
It's interesting...

The alternative names on Marias baptism and 1851 census for Agnes... I have an unproven link that suggests Agnes's marriage to William was her 2nd marriage and she married a John Richardson (?) around 1813 in Port Glasgow?

However, this would have made her very young to be marrying - 14-16 something like that  ???

With Maria I also have a set of 'official' documents in same place for her, same parents etc but one is born 6th Sept/ Bap 29th Sept and the other is born 29 May/Bap 14 June  ??? The September set of records is a Ritchie / Milligan MMN , the May/June is just Milligan....!

M

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Help gaining greater detail.
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 07 August 19 20:18 BST (UK) »
With all these confusing double dates you really have to go to the original source on Scotland's People. However I see that the site is offline for maintenance this evening.

It could just be muddled record-keeping, of course.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.