Author Topic: Albone Family-Southill  (Read 7455 times)

Offline Wally Cobbles

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Albone Family-Southill
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 16 March 06 21:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Crystal,

I tried to contact you earlier, but the message didn't seem to get through, so her goes again.

I have traced my tree back to William Albon and Mary Gibson, both of Southill, Beds, but have never been able to definitely connect them with John Albon and Sarah Woods, whom I have long suspected of being Williams' parents.  If you could tell me that they definitely were I would be delighted!

I knew of the branch of the family that emigrated to America in the 19th century.  Their descendants are still in the New York area, Medina I believe.

I also know of somebody who uses these message boards who would probably like to contact you, as she is also descended from the same line as I am.  She has done lots of research on the 'American Albones', and can probably tell you a lot more about them than I can.  I'll contact her and tell her about your message.

I would be very happy to share any info that you might find interesting about the family.  You'll have to tell me what you've got, and I'll fill in anything that I can.

You mentioned that your tree was on Ancestry.com, but I couldn't really find it.  My tree is on there too, but other than doing a search for one of the family members, I'm not sure how you'd be able to view it.  I'd like to see yours though if possible.

Hope all of this makes sense, and I hope that you receive this this time.

Looking forward to hearing from you again soon.

Best wishes,
Mark Albone