Author Topic: Dartford burial 1850  (Read 454 times)

Offline yelkcub

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Dartford burial 1850
« on: Wednesday 07 August 19 17:50 BST (UK) »
I'd be very grateful if someone could help me locate the burial of HANNAH PAGE. She appeared in the 1841 census living in Dartford, but is not found in the 1851. In 1841 she was living with Richard Page, and I'm keen to find out whether they were husband / wife or brother / sister. Anything on the burial record to give me any clues would be helpful––such as whether Hannah died as widow or spinster. I am hoping that R and H were siblings, in which case the likelihood is that they were also siblings of my direct ancestor.
FreeBMD has a Hannah Page death, March Q 1850.

Offline yelkcub

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Dartford burial 1850
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 August 19 18:14 BST (UK) »
I ought to have added that finding out the age at death / burial of this Hannah Page would be especially important: Hannah was born 21 May 1780, Wilmington, so she would have been 69 in early 1850. [Richard was born in Wilmington 7 June 1771]

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 07 August 19 18:21 BST (UK) »
New GRO death index gives the age for that 1850 death.
PAGE, HANNAH       
Age at Death: 80 
GRO Reference: 1850  M Quarter in DARTFORD UNION  Volume 05  Page 66

Offline jonw65

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 07 August 19 18:25 BST (UK) »
Burial at Dartford
1 March 1850
Hannah Page
abode Dartford Union
age 80

Offline yelkcub

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 August 19 18:38 BST (UK) »
Many thanks indeed for that. I'm not ruling this out as possibly 'my' Hannah. Workhouse ages have been known to be inaccurate. However, clearly this line of enquiry needs further work. I should perhaps go back to the 1851 census, have another look for a possible Hannah.
Thanks again, and best wishes YELKCUB

Offline bearkat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 07 August 19 21:57 BST (UK) »
Middx - VAUS, ROBERTS, EVERSFIELD, INMAN, STAR, HOLBECK, WYATT, BICKFORD, SMITH, REDWOOD
Hants - SMALL, HAMMERTON, GRIST, FRYER, TRODD, DAGWELL, PARKER, WOODFORD, CROUTEAR, BECK, BENDELL, KEEPING, HARDING, BULL
Kent - BAYLY, BORER, MITCHELL, PLANE, VERNON, FARRANCE, CHAPMAN, MEDHURST, LOMAX, WYATT, IDEN
Devon - TOPE, BICKFORD, FOSTER
YKS - QUIRK, McGUIRE, BENN
Nott/Derbs - SLACK
Herts - BARNES
L'pool- PLUMBE
 All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline yelkcub

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 07 August 19 22:17 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for that. As I said, there is a problem with the age, which differs (for both Richard's death and Hannah's) from what I already have, but it gives me a new lead to follow. I'm now starting to think that this Richard and Hannah may have been man and wife. I find a marriage for Richard Page and Hannah Bennett, 7 May 1793, one of the witnesses being Susan Page: I know that 'my' Richard's mother's name was Susannah ... possibly abbreviated. Thanks again: my next visit to the library to use their access to Ancestry, I'm going to spend time checking all these detail to try and determine whether or not these were ggg grandfather's siblings or not. With best wishes Yelkcub