Author Topic: Tracing the Deverdun family arriving London 1702  (Read 594 times)

Offline BjHaley1972

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Tracing the Deverdun family arriving London 1702
« on: Monday 12 August 19 05:09 BST (UK) »
Hi, So I have just joined the Rootschat and trying to navigate around. I am in Australia and trying too find further information on my Huguenot ancestors. On the maternal side I have identified that Antoine DEVERDUN and Judith BACHELIER are my earliest links, and on the paternal side Samuel HALEY married Mary ALLIAUME who is the child of Abraham Pierre ALLIAUME and Marie AUSSAU. I see Richard1979 posts on this site and he is also decended from these people but I can not work out how to send messages directly to people. The site is a little confusing on how to get around. Is there a way to send a message to someone through the previous posts?

Offline conahy calling

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Tracing the Deverdun family arriving London 1702
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 August 19 06:41 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat BjHaley

Some basic info on the following link

https://www.rootschat.com/help/index.php

You could reply to the relevant thread.

Conahy

Offline barryd

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 August 19 07:15 BST (UK) »
Only one Deverdun person recorded in England and Wales on Free BMD 1837 to abt. 1980's.
This person is in Central London. Marriage.

DEVERDUN
 Joseph Alexander Gubian

St Geo.Han.Sq
 1a
337  Year 1861

Offline SummersP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 20 March 24 03:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi BjHaley1972, I'm also descended from Bachelier and de Verdun. I'm also in Australia and have met both Eilean and Kevin from your side of the family.  I'm on the Huguenot Society committee and have recently been looking up mentions of the family members in the UK Quarto Series volumes.  Not sure if you will see this as it's now several years since you posted. I'm also a Rootschat beginner and don't tend to log on very often. Anyway, happy to compare notes some time. Best regards, Pamela in Sydney
Leck, Robberds, Unthank, Woodland, Ferris, Davis, Bachelier, Cordon, Deverdun, Pahon, Riviere, Summers.

Offline BjHaley1972

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 20 March 24 04:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I have spoken with Kevin recently and am headed to London in May so might catch up with some family who are also related and see what they have. I am trying to get some of their info relating to addresses the families resided in post France, ie The Netherlands and then in London. Are you local to Queensland?

Offline SummersP

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 20 March 24 04:24 GMT (UK) »
"Hi, I have spoken with Kevin recently and am headed to London in May so might catch up with some family who are also related and see what they have. I am trying to get some of their info relating to addresses the families resided in post France, ie The Netherlands and then in London. Are you local to Queensland?"
No, I'm in Sydney.  I'm off to France myself in April and hoping to visit Meaux en Brie near Paris where Judith Bachelier came from and also going to the West to Mouchamps in Vendee where the Cordons came from (Marie Bentley, daughter of Judith Deverdun, brother of your Timothee Deverdun, married Francis Cordon). Re London addresses, I have Anthoine Deverdun living in Silver St, Stepney at the time of his daughter, Susanne's baptism in 1709. 
Leck, Robberds, Unthank, Woodland, Ferris, Davis, Bachelier, Cordon, Deverdun, Pahon, Riviere, Summers.

Offline BjHaley1972

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 20 March 24 04:30 GMT (UK) »
I will have to get back into my records and see what I have. Its been a while since I started plotting my tree in Ancestry.com. I recall Timothee Deverdun and fam fled France and were in Rotterdam for about 18 months before heading to London, (from memory). I will probably head to Spitalsfield in London in May for a look around and see where the families moved to.