Author Topic: Somewhere in Italy  (Read 1777 times)

Offline pincard

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Somewhere in Italy
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 13 August 19 08:01 BST (UK) »
Sorry I am not being impatient I understood that my message was deleted.
Yes the death is she.  I just need to know the birth place.

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 13 August 19 09:01 BST (UK) »
I understood that my message was deleted.

No, I deleted what I had put in my reply #1, because I had misread what you had asked for. Sorry if I confused you  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline solidrock

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 13 August 19 09:29 BST (UK) »
Maybe relevant

https://web.facebook.com/Estella-Maria-Teresa-Resteghini-The-Little-Girl-That-Time-Forgot-772747909786627/?__tn__=kC-R&eid=ARC4UJ-SYQJMPyaftDygbaZmifmhG6P_a-Ds7uDMSmjOWC6CQSKXO9vkEno6_wuZYRxxXSy5xD8lS3HY&hc_ref=ARRibudWUjPoWZUoRppcdfKBCdXrAvTO7SbUq6r9NyDN_zbEx-7sDJFk7tPy3YkEFTs&fref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARAazMeDSsaOj_v4Xu8WG3DP4CiVZHu6YuIWk3D5MyXwN7rzgLkv0rx0s-08FnhzXOEgWz6Kq695octMLZuHucS_lqKrzY_w9G7ZeUHe0wob-ZVyoIxyEDr3ENkI4ddAp2E1BtdqDX1cPSO8tVcho7sqQ6ES60pDia_j5Bon1XP4P6h5kFJsiUMPXVmbzOllKfoQfxduxE33j9lF8RClXmbnsNXgzEedoXUdA3R4YQHQ96m7xvkNr7pFnAlhXKhLmVjVPWW6NLcemnGT1hW7eQGeUL4LxyLnksPX5_ZAb067H-kFlDwVNt17XJhnwKrWCEbFF1x5VDWoRxbRCII

ADDED

https://laurenconstance1.wixsite.com/littlegirlstory

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me,mum and dad and both gran's c 1955
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 13 August 19 09:36 BST (UK) »
Maybe relevant

https://web.facebook.com/Estella-Maria-Teresa-Resteghini-The-Little-Girl-That-Time-Forgot-772747909786627/?__tn__=kC-R&eid=ARC4UJ-SYQJMPyaftDygbaZmifmhG6P_a-Ds7uDMSmjOWC6CQSKXO9vkEno6_wuZYRxxXSy5xD8lS3HY&hc_ref=ARRibudWUjPoWZUoRppcdfKBCdXrAvTO7SbUq6r9NyDN_zbEx-7sDJFk7tPy3YkEFTs&fref=nf&__xts__[0]=68.ARAazMeDSsaOj_v4Xu8WG3DP4CiVZHu6YuIWk3D5MyXwN7rzgLkv0rx0s-08FnhzXOEgWz6Kq695octMLZuHucS_lqKrzY_w9G7ZeUHe0wob-ZVyoIxyEDr3ENkI4ddAp2E1BtdqDX1cPSO8tVcho7sqQ6ES60pDia_j5Bon1XP4P6h5kFJsiUMPXVmbzOllKfoQfxduxE33j9lF8RClXmbnsNXgzEedoXUdA3R4YQHQ96m7xvkNr7pFnAlhXKhLmVjVPWW6NLcemnGT1hW7eQGeUL4LxyLnksPX5_ZAb067H-kFlDwVNt17XJhnwKrWCEbFF1x5VDWoRxbRCII

ADDED

https://laurenconstance1.wixsite.com/littlegirlstory

Well found Solidrock, seems as though the parents married and the kids were born in Parma.

Below a short passage from the link above.

"Estella’s father, Severo Vincent Resteghini was born in Kent around the turn of the 20th century. The son of a French mother, they set sail on the SS ‘Le Rochambeau’ to the USA in 1920. In 1929, Severo returned to his home in the Parma region of Northern Italy, where he married a woman named Anna. In 1930 their daughter Adriana was born and on the 25th April 1931, Anna gave birth to their second daughter Estella, affectionately known as Stella. In 1934 the family moved to a small cottage on Love lane, Burnham on Sea. "
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline JenB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 13 August 19 09:41 BST (UK) »
I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that that website might be one produced by ‘pincard’.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 13 August 19 09:45 BST (UK) »
I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that that website might be one produced by ‘pincard’.

Haha, in which case they know where the kids were born and where the dad Severino came from.

There is a passenger list going to USA which says he was 16 and from Monastero de Gravago,Parma.

Offline Cara Mia

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 14 August 19 09:35 BST (UK) »
Hello, I think this question may have been asked on my behalf through my research into the Little Girl story, which I created the website and the FB page for.  There are conflicting articles as to the birth and death locations of the father and mother, but they are all in the Bardi, Fidenza area of Parma.  I was hoping to find the birth details for Adriana, in the hope that it might give us more information ie any middle names.  There is a record of an Adriana Resteghini marrying in London to a Franco Boccacci, however, I have been in touch with Mr Boccacci and he informs me that this is not the lady we are looking for.  The last known address we have for Adriana is in Shepherd's Bush, London in 1957, when she was staying with relatives, Rosina and Celestino Bertorelli. Adriana would be approx 89 or 90 now and we just want to return the photographs we have of her and her sister Estella to the family.

Offline carol8353

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 14 August 19 09:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Cara Mia and welcome to Rootschat.

Adriana is at 6 Anley Road Hammersmith in 1964 and 65 on the electoral rolls.

Offline [Ray]

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • UK Census information Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 14 August 19 10:11 BST (UK) »
Hi     Cara Mia     

You need to empty your personal message inbox, it is full.     

There appears to be a possible daughter.     

Regards     

Ray
"The wise man knows how little he knows, the foolish man does not". My Grandfather & Father.

"You can’t give kindness away.  It keeps coming back". Mark Twain (?).