Author Topic: George Rennison buried Durham 1822  (Read 357 times)

Offline emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
George Rennison buried Durham 1822
« on: Tuesday 13 August 19 19:32 BST (UK) »
I am in a bit of a quandary with George Rennison. He married Mary Best in Dalton le Dale 16 November 1761. Between 1762 and 1777 they produced and baptised their children in Esh. Wife Mary died in Witton Gilbert in August 1803 aged 65. I know this is the correct Mary because  I had found her birth to parents Robert Best and Mary quite some time before I found her burial an on the burial entry it reads

Mary, wife of George Rennison and daughter of Robert Best and Mary, his wife. So I know I have the correct Mary Rennison, even if age at death doesn't quite match up with the date of her baptism , which was 1742.

My problem lies with George. I cannot find a burial for George Rennison in Witton Gilbert but there is one in Durham, just a few miles away. George Rennison was buried 1822 aged 93 which gives him a year of birth of 1729.

My problem is finding his birth. I can find a George Rennison baptised 1729, father Robert, but it is miles away from Durham in Warkworth in Northumberland.

What do you think? Is this likely to be my George Rennison?

Not sure if it helps but Mary Best's parents were Robert and Mary and, if this George is correct, his parents were Robert and Ann. George and Mary Rennison named three of their children Mary, Ann and Robert

Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more