Author Topic: Marriage of Edward Tooey and Margaret Wyllie, 1853  (Read 6363 times)

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Edward Tooey and Margaret Wyllie, 1853
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 08 January 20 21:39 GMT (UK) »
I have come across several newspaper reports, incl Sligo Champion, 17 March. I’ll try to get them to you when I figure out a way?
I have a subscription to FindMyPast so I can find access them myself - no need to send them.

The last five Peattie children were all born in Wigtown between 1880 and 1891. So I hope I’m correct in assuming they lived there in 1888?
Ah, yes, I actually have a note of that, but Mrs Peattie was Mary Anne Tuohey, not Margaret Tuohy, who married John Waldron on 1896 in Castlebar, Co Mayo. [/quote]

Not connected but close?
I'll look forward to the PM.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline Tooloobin

• RootsChat Extra
  • "Daithi Ceitinn is anim dom..."
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage of Edward Tooey and Margaret Wyllie, 1853
« Reply #55 on: Thursday 09 January 20 16:51 GMT (UK) »
Somebody up there likes us?

For years one could only get an index reference to this marriage - but no image.

Today while checking some other Wyllie marriages in Sligo I tried clicking on the link for Edward’s marriage to Margaret Wyllie and couldn’t believe my eyes there it was…and here it is...
Keating, Cornally, Leahy, Mahon, O'Keeffe, Radley, Doherty, Heavy, Healy, Finnerty, Ford, Lynskey